My previously successful gig is suddenly struggling

thefarrahmonste

Hi everyone!  I posted about this on another section of Fiverr a bit okay, but I figured it might be even better to get advice and opinions from people working in the same space.  I do session vocals on here, and I like to think I've been fairly successful with it (enough to keep a roof over my head for the last few years, anyways).  Then something kinda changed... I went from averaging 20-30 orders per month, to suddenly only receiving 3 orders for the entire month of November. And I do mean suddenly - October was a very successful month for me, while November's numbers are lower than ever before.   This has dealt quite a hit to my income since Fiverr was a pretty big portion of my yearly earnings 😞

I haven't had sales this low since I first started back in the day, so I'm... freaking out a bit?  I'm not quite sure what I've done wrong, or what I should do to get the machine going again.  I have tried lowering my prices (right now they're the lowest they've been in years, these are the prices I was using as a newbie)... that didn't work.  I tried changing a few keywords... nothin'.  In an act of desperation, I switched out my usual gallery songs (the songs which have been getting me steady work on here for years)... that was merely 24 hours ago, so only time will tell. I'm currently reaching out to some producers I've worked with in the past for permissions to display some of our past works on my profile, to see if I could benefit from having fewer covers and more originals displayed.

I'm not even getting MESSAGES anymore... plenty of impressions, similar clicks, but NO messages! I used to wake up nearly everyday with tons of new messages from interested buyers (I'd say I answered 5-10 messages per day).  The entire month of November, I've only had 5 messages, two of which were from repeat buyers.  I'm kinda at a loss here, but would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions on what I might be able to do to repair my gig.

Edited by thefarrahmonste
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ever since the "Buyer Request" annihilation and algorithm for matching took over, things are tanking for me as well. Granted, I'm still fairly new, I am experiencing relatively the same amount of impressions and clicks, but far less random orders and almost ZERO messages... Certainly NO matching happening! Sorry I don't have any helpful incite other than try branching out your offerings with some of your open gig slots 🤷‍♂️

Yep, the time where it started to go down for me seems to line up with the timing you experienced as well.  Looking at my analytics, it started going down around the time the new algorithm and Briefs came in, but I took a few weeks to notice it because October was such a busy month for me on here with lots of orders from repeat buyers.  Now I can see my number of NEW buyers was already drifting down.  It's really upsetting, I hope Fiverr can find a way to remedy this because it's not exactly a win for them if a lot of their successful sellers are suddenly unable to make money!