Seller blocked me after completing work

artycraftyamy

Question

Hi there

Could anyone help me understand why (I think) a seller has blocked me after having completed the work, but not giving me chance to pay him? I asked him for a quote via inbox for a bespoke piece of work. He did the work quickly and satisfactorily and told me to pay afterwards. After checking the work, I then went back to inbox to message him to say thank you and arrange payment and it said 'This seller is no longer accepting messages'. He was still active on my other account (I have two - one for personal and one for jobs for my day job) and I messaged and said 'I've been trying to contact you to say thank you and pay you' and then about two minutes later the same message 'This seller is no longer accepting messages'. I've raised a ticket with CS to try and figure out what's going on but wondered if anyone here might have any ideas? I'm so confused! 

Thanks so much in advance. 

• Sad 4

3 answers to this question

45 minutes ago, artycraftyamy said:

He did the work quickly and satisfactorily and told me to pay afterwards. After checking the work, I then went back to inbox to message him to say thank you and arrange payment

Fiverr is pay first before work—how come it's the opposite for you?

As a seller, I have blocked some buyers. It's because these buyers are unreasonably low balls, rude or have been threatening me (sometimes unknowingly, especially when you have an existing order for additional work. This is a threat to the sellers like myself, because you haven't reviewed / rated, so depending on how the seller perceived the situation, it may be the case.)

• Like 2