Will My Gig Lose Ranking If I Update The Description?

kaneswriting

Question

Hi there! As the title suggests, I am considering updating my gig description to provide more context and value to potential customers. However, my gig is at the top of the front page for my niche, which leaves me hesitant to make any considerable changes. Thankfully, I have access to the keyword information through Seller Plus and figured it shouldn't make a difference if I just included the same volume and density of keywords.

Is there merit to this logic or does it work differently? Any information or advice is hugely appreciated. (Fiverr Profile)

• Like 7
  • Up 1

4 answers to this question

if you are only editing the descriptions, it won't lower the rank of your gig. and if you change the title of your gig to something more competitive, the search result will surely be invisible to potential buyers. but again, You can make changes regarding pricing, descriptions, and packages; it won't affect your ranking.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

I don't think your ranking will change but why will you make any changes when you are at the front page for your "niche". Won't it make more sense to change it later during a slow period?

The content is working on an SEO level but might not be the most optimal for selling my services. 

• Like 3

Hi!

Updating your description can affect your gig position and appearance on search. Although, the effects of doing that are minimal compared to updating the title of your gig.

Also, the effects can be positive or negative depending on the updates you make. For instance, removing some keywords (relevant but different from the ones in the title) may cause your gig to not show up on search when such (very specific) keywords are searched by someone looking for a particular service.

Thanks!

• Like 2