Jump to content

How's business been in October/November?


katakatica
 Share

Recommended Posts

So it's not really like me to ask about business but I'm honestly curious - we all know that with BR done, a lot of people seem to be struggling (which is honestly sad.) but I wonder how general business (so not BR-Brief generated, though that's interested as well) has been for everyone? 

I had a sort of 'meh' October, but I was away for over a week and then got rather sick for another, so I'm not surprised (I had enough orders to earn what I usually would, but not the energy to write as I normally would, and luckily had lax deadlines.)

November, however, has been... insane. The first few days my inbox was blowing up! I've earned more than in October already (which, fine, isn't a huge thing) but I might actually hit a new personal 'high'! It's also been a lot of potentially big projects - some take time of course, others fall through, but it's been good! 

So... the question is, how has it been for you? Did you notice any change with the holidays being here? Or has it been normal so far? 

Also, holiday season and all - are you taking time off for the holidays? Going anywhere fun? 
I'm personally hoping to work until about... the 17th I guess? I'll still leave my profile 'on' because I can't go for weeks without writing at all, but yeah, that's roughly the goal. Will likely come back right after New Years properly! 

  • Like 30
  • Sad 10
  • Congrats! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, animstudiolk said:

Lets Wait and see. I think if this happens to most sellers it will do a some kind impact the fiverr revenue. There will be some chance Lets keep hope.

I will be honest - I don't think Fiverr will lose revenue. BR mostly had scammers and a few good gems who will likely just find what they want via briefs or the search feature. What - might - happen is sellers leaving, but there'll always be plenty of other options for people. 

My November is far better than I'd even dreamt of - it might also be that buyers who relied on BR are coming back to the actual search button. 

That being said, hope isn't lost for those who have talent. Buyers have a knack at finding them after a while. 

  • Like 26
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, katakatica said:

So it's not really like me to ask about business but I'm honestly curious - we all know that with BR done, a lot of people seem to be struggling (which is honestly sad.) but I wonder how general business (so not BR-Brief generated, though that's interested as well) has been for everyone? 

I had a sort of 'meh' October, but I was away for over a week and then got rather sick for another, so I'm not surprised (I had enough orders to earn what I usually would, but not the energy to write as I normally would, and luckily had lax deadlines.)

November, however, has been... insane. The first few days my inbox was blowing up! I've earned more than in October already (which, fine, isn't a huge thing) but I might actually hit a new personal 'high'! It's also been a lot of potentially big projects - some take time of course, others fall through, but it's been good! 

So... the question is, how has it been for you? Did you notice any change with the holidays being here? Or has it been normal so far? 

Also, holiday season and all - are you taking time off for the holidays? Going anywhere fun? 
I'm personally hoping to work until about... the 17th I guess? I'll still leave my profile 'on' because I can't go for weeks without writing at all, but yeah, that's roughly the goal. Will likely come back right after New Years properly! 

no order!!!!!!!!!!!:(

  • Like 13
  • Sad 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, katakatica said:

So it's not really like me to ask about business but I'm honestly curious - we all know that with BR done, a lot of people seem to be struggling (which is honestly sad.) but I wonder how general business (so not BR-Brief generated, though that's interested as well) has been for everyone? 

I had a sort of 'meh' October, but I was away for over a week and then got rather sick for another, so I'm not surprised (I had enough orders to earn what I usually would, but not the energy to write as I normally would, and luckily had lax deadlines.)

November, however, has been... insane. The first few days my inbox was blowing up! I've earned more than in October already (which, fine, isn't a huge thing) but I might actually hit a new personal 'high'! It's also been a lot of potentially big projects - some take time of course, others fall through, but it's been good! 

So... the question is, how has it been for you? Did you notice any change with the holidays being here? Or has it been normal so far? 

Also, holiday season and all - are you taking time off for the holidays? Going anywhere fun? 
I'm personally hoping to work until about... the 17th I guess? I'll still leave my profile 'on' because I can't go for weeks without writing at all, but yeah, that's roughly the goal. Will likely come back right after New Years properly! 

I had joined on Fiverr last July. Still I am waiting For my first order. what should I follow to get my first order.

 

 

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

October 2022 has been considered one of the best month for me so far among my 8 years yet! November 2022 is going good too as few of the projects are on-going.. ✌️

Analysis.PNG

I wonder if my October would have been way better had I not gotten so sick ha! A huge difference for me now is that I've completed less orders but earned more (due to raising my prices and just scoring bigger deals!) which is pretty nice to be honest. 
 

 

7 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

October was good. November will also be good for me (but less than October). 

 

I'm quite curious about how December will be! I'm working hard in Nov (since it's an awesome month) so that if Dec is 'eh' I'll just be able to enjoy the holidays without worrying much!

  • Like 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, katakatica said:

So... the question is, how has it been for you? Did you notice any change with the holidays being here? Or has it been normal so far? 

It has been mental busy since the start of November. Much like you @katakatica I had an ok(ish) October, but this month has been non-stop.   Promoted gigs seem to be doing better than normal, so I'm not sure if that's down to a tweak in the algorithm?  But I will say that 2022 was the year that Fiverr really got their act together.  The site is performing well for me and it appears that all of the hard work since 2017 is starting to pay off.  Seller plus and request to order are real gems to have in my toolbox. 

Web design is historically quiet during the Christmas period and then kicks off again in January when everyone starts their I'm going to start my own business promise' for a new year resolution.  So, hopefully I will get a much needed break in December.  I don't know about everyone else, but this year has been exhausting.?

But well done @filipdevaere to be booked into next year already is good going my friend.   

Ian

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, katakatica said:

I wonder if my October would have been way better had I not gotten so sick ha! A huge difference for me now is that I've completed less orders but earned more (due to raising my prices and just scoring bigger deals!) which is pretty nice to be honest. 
 

Well I was sick too, suffered from Dengue in October month so you can understand how hard and tough it was for me to work on orders. But in the end, hard work paid off very well! You played a great strategy while being sick. 👌 I could not focus on price strategy as I was not in my senses too lol..

But I am not worried if my sales in November month drops! Hopefully I'll get back to track soon! 

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I never used BR, so fortunately for me that being gone has zero influence on me.
So let's see, to answer your question...I don't have a fancy answer, October was very normal for me, not overly good, not terribly bad, I'm not those
Fiverr super sellers who makes thousands each month, but I think I did fine. Maybe a biiiit lower than the previous year?
November is going pretty fine so far, I'm getting several orders from my repeat buyers so I hope it stays this way.

Not sure what will happen next month, I might get a few illustration orders for Christmas cards, or translate Christmas messages.
Let's see how things go. 🙂

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Being level one seller, buyer requests were more beneficial as there were varieties of (400+) requests and I can easily sort out which suit me best.

Whereas, brief is bit annoying. Every time I found mostly low budget orders or non relevant. And when I set breif price as $50+, then it stopped sending me breifs or briefs of useless scammers (Nigerians, crypto, meta trader, $10,000) etc.

For non level sellers, even game was over a long way before. Even buyer request wasn't so helpful for them (due to lack of requests).

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, breals said:

I had an ok(ish) October, but this month has been non-stop.   Promoted gigs seem to be doing better than normal, so I'm not sure if that's down to a tweak in the algorithm?

Promotions have been crazy since October or so I think for me - maybe something changed to be honest! It's gotten to the point where at some point all of the orders in my queue were both Fiverr's Choice and Promoted gigs (which is also odd but I can't complain!)

I'm glad to hear that it's going well for you as well! I've already earned a tad more than my monthly average so it looks like I might be able to double that by the end of this month (which is insane for me, to be honest!) but I'm trying not to push it too much since things will get crazy with the Holidays soon! 

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2022 at 5:19 AM, katakatica said:

I had a sort of 'meh' October,

October was my second-best month this year and my third-best month in the five years I have worked on Fiverr.

22 hours ago, katakatica said:

will be honest - I don't think Fiverr will lose revenue. BR mostly had scammers and a few good gems who will likely just find what they want via briefs or the search feature. What - might - happen is sellers leaving, but there'll always be plenty of other options for people. 

images.png.3068a162ac4989befa6b17b35397b69b.png

13 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

November will also be good for me (but less than October). 

Me too.

3 hours ago, zeus777 said:

never used BR, so fortunately for me that being gone has zero influence on me.

Same for me. I only used BR for their entertainment value.

50 minutes ago, katakatica said:

It's gotten to the point where at some point all of the orders in my queue were both Fiverr's Choice

Most of my sales come from Fiverr's Choice and Business buyers, which is nice because I usually do not have any inbox or order activity on the weekends. Therefore, I can catch up on the orders that come in during the week.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I unfortunately had to take some time off in November, which obviously affected my orders. However, it seems Fiverr is pushing one of my larger/pricier gigs lately, and I am getting quite a few huge orders from people. That's fun.

My mind is already turning to scheduling my usual time off at the end of the year. So far, it looks like I'll be quite busy through the holidays.

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...