Commissioned a scammer - will customer support have my back?

brookedraak

Question

New Fiverr buyer here. I decided to commission a fairly new user for some art. His price matched the art listed. Seller has no reviews, but I'm okay trying out new sellers. Problem is, after I paid, I decided to look up some of his art and of course the art is made by other people. So I commissioned a scammer. I don't want to ask the seller to cancel since obviously he has been caught as a fake. I messaged Fiverr support with examples/links to the art he claims is his. I used 2 different pieces of art by 2 different artists. Will Fiverr cancel without giving me a hard time?

• Like 2

2 answers to this question

On 11/15/2022 at 5:36 AM, brookedraak said:

New Fiverr buyer here. I decided to commission a fairly new user for some art. His price matched the art listed. Seller has no reviews, but I'm okay trying out new sellers. Problem is, after I paid, I decided to look up some of his art and of course the art is made by other people. So I commissioned a scammer. I don't want to ask the seller to cancel since obviously he has been caught as a fake. I messaged Fiverr support with examples/links to the art he claims is his. I used 2 different pieces of art by 2 different artists. Will Fiverr cancel without giving me a hard time?

You did the right thing by contacting support.

You could also ask the seller the cancel. There is nothing wrong in doing that.

Anyway, CS should cancel the order, return your money to you and take action against the seller. 

• Like 4

On 11/15/2022 at 9:36 AM, brookedraak said:

Will Fiverr cancel without giving me a hard time?

Yes. They will cancel the order if you can prove that the seller is not honest.

The seller is likely to receive a warning from Fiverr and you did every other buyer a service by weeding out these inhonest sellers.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 1
  • Up 1