Does increasing the price of a gig affect the gig ranking or number of orders one recieves?

ayeshaahmed498

Hello everyone! 

here again with a question that i know many others have asked. but i couldn't actually find a satisfactory answer to it. 

I want to increase the prices of my gig package and i am scared that this will affect my business! My work is going great as of now but i'm afraid that i am underpaying my own self. 

can you please tell me if this would affect the ranking of my gig and the orders i get? 

thankyou!!!!

• Like 5
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, ayeshaahmed498 said:

I want to increase the prices of my gig package and i am scared that this will affect my business! My work is going great as of now but i'm afraid that i am underpaying my own self. 

Well obviously the higher the price you have, less buyers will come in. So you can expect less people to be interested in what you offer due to the price increase. However that can also mean you will be earning more since you have higher paying clients. It's a gamble, so you have to experiment and see for yourself.

When it comes to the fact whether it affects ranking or not, I would say it depends. If you have 100 orders now every month and you cancel 3, you still have 97% completion rate. If you have 50 due to higher price, anything from a cancellation to a late delivery and a private negative review will affect your gig so much more. 

• Like 6
  • Up 2

Over the past few years I have slowly raised prices to find the perfect balance between the number of orders and income. As far as the search results, mine have been great, if not better since raising prices. This helps increase average order value, which I'm sure Fiverr loves to see when factoring into their algorithm. Orders are slightly down but overall I'm making more. It's definitely worth it to play around with every few months or so until you find a spot that works best for you! I also try to stay competitive with others in my categories but also take into account my quality and expertise. As a bonus, raising your prices will definitely bring higher quality clientele too. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Writers, like proofreaders, can adjust the number of words in their package yet keep the same price for the package. That way, your prices do not appear to have increased. For example, when I started, I proofread 1000 words for $10. Next, I changed it to 900 words for $10 and then 800 words for the same price. You could do something like that.

• Like 6

You have enough reviews to raise your minimum price. It's not just about price, but rather whether you communicate well enough with customers to convert leads; if you raise your price, buyers will assume that you provide good services, and if you don't meet their expectations, it will work against you and affect your business.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

You have enough reviews to raise your minimum price. It's not just about price, but rather whether you communicate well enough with customers to convert leads; if you raise your price, buyers will assume that you provide good services, and if you don't meet their expectations, it will work against you and affect your business.

I think i'll wait and raise the prices couple of months later with hopes for it to work just fine!