Need Buyer Advice~New Seller-Is this legit Buyer?

elleo1

I changed my profile and a lot of stuff per everyones help.  I got someone sending me a message,  only not sure this is real.  I have gotten so many spam-- ie: Telegram or Fiverr has blocked them for me. I have No clue if this is real.  Please look below, what do u think? If he is real, why taking so long to respond? Is this normal, they just say they have a job for you?  I asked, he didn't respond back. Worried. I never had a buyer. Please help 🙏 😢 

Thanks. 

Elle 

image.thumb.png.10130aa13a6a9928ca08c0454b94f117.png

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

What does a REAL Buyer look like?  I am still talking to this guy and he is going back-and-forth and won't give me any details and wants me to make reports ? But still he will not give me details as to wgat kind of reports,  how many listings, when he wants it by? No details. He said: 

Yes i am sorry Just busy here at work I am a realtor , You set all you need up , I will give necessary details but you deliver with reports

What the heck does that mean????? Omg why is he doing this?  Spamming me, just messing with me?

• Like 6

Hi @elleo1, I'm glad you are starting to get inquiries! 

Some buyers are just really busy and take forever to respond. One buyer messaged me in May and just now responded (he picked up the conversation from where we left off 5 months ago like nothing had happened 😂). Don't spend too much time worrying about when people will respond with information. I just let them know what information I need to start an order and I let the buyer decide when to respond and move forward. I get 5-10 messages a week where the buyer kind of walks away in the middle of the conversation. If they are interested, they'll come back. If they are really interested, they'll have the information ready to place an order

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Hi @elleo1, I'm glad you are starting to get inquiries! 

Some buyers are just really busy and take forever to respond. One buyer messaged me in May and just now responded (he picked up the conversation from where we left off 5 months ago like nothing had happened 😂). Don't spend too much time worrying about when people will respond with information. I just let them know what information I need to start an order and I let the buyer decide when to respond and move forward. I get 5-10 messages a week where the buyer kind of walks away in the middle of the conversation. If they are interested, they'll come back. If they are really interested, they'll have the information ready to place an order

That is the thing, no matter how many times I ask him for more information he won't tell me.  He said I need to figure it out and he will pay me?  I asked specifically,  how many listings, what does he want on reports,  when does he want by?  He finally messaged back today and said 

Yes i am sorry Just busy here at work I am a realtor , You set all you need up , I will give necessary details but you deliver with reports

then he says

ok

Contact information 

what is he talking about? I thought he would place order after we figured what he wanted. 

What is the correct order of the interaction here on Fiverr?

1. Message ea other

2. Agree to work

3 they place order on fiverr

4 send work on fiverr

5 work thru fiverr

Sorry i have never had a buyer yet.  I want to do a good job, but i have no idea what he wants.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, elleo1 said:

no matter how many times I ask him for more information he won't tell me. 

Hi @elleo1, you only need to ask for the information once (not multiple times). I'll just let the buyers know what I need from them in order to give them a proper quote. Then I leave it there and let the buyer reach out to me (for clarification or to ask for a custom quote). If the buyer is serious about moving forward, they will have the information needed to create an order (or will at least have questions about the price or details of the order).

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Hi @elleo1, you only need to ask for the information once (not multiple times). I'll just let the buyers know what I need from them in order to give them a proper quote. Then I leave it there and let the buyer reach out to me (for clarification or to ask for a custom quote). If the buyer is serious about moving forward, they will have the information needed to create an order (or will at least have questions about the price or details of the order).

So he must be spamming me your saying?  He won't tell me, i told you exactly what he said.  He has said nothing about price , order, what he needs, details....shouldn't he tell me in message before placing order? He told me nothing, then wants my contact information? Doesn't he have my contact information?

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, elleo1 said:

shouldn't he tell me in message before placing order? He told me nothing, then wants my contact information? Doesn't he have my contact information?

First question: not necessarily. It's your job as a Seller to have your gig requirements set up in such a way that Buyers can place an order with minimal barrier, while still getting all the information you need to fully complete an order.

Second/third question: okay, THAT is definitely a red flag. If he's asking you for more contact, then YES, report the message and block the user.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

Second/third question: okay, THAT is definitely a red flag. If he's asking you for more contact, then YES, report the message and block the user.

Good point @imagination7413! I thought the "contact information" was for the data entry job (as in B2B mailing lists). If he was asking for the OP's contact, that is a big red flag!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, imagination7413 said:

First question: not necessarily. It's your job as a Seller to have your gig requirements set up in such a way that Buyers can place an order with minimal barrier, while still getting all the information you need to fully complete an order.

I thought everything goes through FIverr, so why woul he need more contact information?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, vickieito said:

Good point @imagination7413! I thought the "contact information" was for the data entry job (as in B2B mailing lists). If he was asking for the OP's contact, that is a big red flag!

What is OP?  Are you talking about me, seller?  We new sellers do not know these acronyms,  please let me know.  

Also, can someone take a few moments to say the "process" of interaction between sellers/buyers?  

I asked before, step 1,2....

He wants my information,  he has it. I am going to block him. If he is so busy, why can't he tell me info so i can help?

I do have my gig written easily to understand.  If he would just say: i have a job for u, it is xamount of data, hear is how i need, and hear is when. Boom, ✔️ done, sign me up. But i get...well u seen above....eyee yighh yighhh 🙄

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, elleo1 said:

What is OP? 

Original Poster. Sorry. 😅

53 minutes ago, elleo1 said:

What is the correct order of the interaction here on Fiverr?

1. Message ea other

2. Agree to work

3 they place order on fiverr

4 send work on fiverr

5 work thru fiverr

These 5 steps are correct.

4 minutes ago, elleo1 said:

He wants my information,  he has it. 

The buyer doesn't even need to know your name. Your user name is enough.

7 minutes ago, elleo1 said:

I am going to block him. If he is so busy, why can't he tell me info so i can help?

Sounds like a good idea. Scammers will often be very vague in their requests. I usually don't deal with buyers who can't tell me what they want within the first 2-3 messages. Scammers also will forward the gig, but won't mention anything about the services that the gig offers.

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1