A Bizarre Experience and no good support yet!

arifursdev

Question

Hi! Hope you're doing well!

Its been 2+ years I'm working in fiverr. in 2+ years i have never had such experience.

I wanted to know what does fiverr do when buyer is out here to ruin your reputation?

for example: buyer will order from you because you provide a good service (as buyer said), good behavior I'm boasting.

But they will leave a bad feedback, just because your price seems high to them even when its a reasonable price to the seller depending on the project!

you can't question or argue with them. they will just silently agree on the price and provide a negative feedback after a perfect delivery with no question. and you are unable to block them, because soon as the order finishes or before marking it complete buyer orders your gig again? because fiverr did a great job at removing block button from buyers that has order with you!

ever had such nightmare? after a perfect delivery with no question, buyer left 2 star review after 2 years (2nd time i got such feedback). 

first time i got when i was new to the platform, that was possibly my fault or some misunderstanding.

I asked support. they said its part of the feedback system, part of the order process not understanding it is not!

if this is not the abuse of feedback system, i don't know what is. also can we have some examples how can someone abuse the feedback system if this is not abuse?

so again my question is fiverr. what do you do with such psychopathic buyers?

• Like 17

16 answers to this question

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Fiverr even sent a notification for this updated part 👇

Not all sellers got it, I think it has to do with your work. I, for one, didn't get this notification.

I rechecked my notifications too.

1 hour ago, mariashtelle1 said:

So you want me to go and do a proper read to find it? 😉

It's not in the general TOS published.

However, it is listed under Intellectual Property (I search with your keyword titles) and doesn't cover all the service types including what the thread starter does

Intellectual Property list

• Audiovisual works (tv shows, online videos)
  • Audio/sound recordings
  • Musical compositions
  • Visual content including paintings, posters, and advertisements
  • Photographs
  • Graphics
  • Dramatic works, including plays and musicals

Credits to @vickieito  

On 8/21/2022 at 5:09 PM, vickieito said:

Based on this, the services that I provide (and may outsource at times) that are NOT intellectual property include:

Data Entry, Resume Updates, Cover Letter Writing, LinkedIn Updates, Proofreading, Editing, Research & Summaries (written in Q&A format), Beta Reading, PowerPoint Editing, & Video Editing

The services I provide that ARE intellectual property include:

Video Creation, Voiceovers (I'm done doing these!), Script Writing, Content Writing, eBook Writing, Worksheet Creation, PowerPoint Designs, Resume Designs, Research & Summaries (written in MLA or APA style)

My other question was on outsourcing. Here are some of the things that were clarified by Customer Service:

1. Sellers are allowed to outsource part or all of a service, but clients MUST be aware of this and give consent. Buyers may not want their information share or outsourced to a third-party.

2. For any intellectual property outsourced, you must have all copyrights transferred to you, with rights to use it for commercial purposes. (this was for voiceovers that I was using for my e-courses)

3. Per Fiverr ToS, sellers confirm and undertake that whatever information they obtain from the buyer, which is not on the public domain, shall be kept confidential and not shared or used for any other purpose other than for the delivery of the work to the buyer.

4. Fiverr doesn't have any additional non-disclosure agreements, but buyers and sellers can enter into NDAs if they want.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Apparently, the buyer who gave you the 2-star review is a seller himself. He buys your service and then resells it at a higher rate, making extra profit. I don't like this practice, but it seems to be acceptable here.

His concern about your fees being "tenfold" a valid concern if you are doing that, however I think he is upset that he is not having a healthy profit margin from your services anymore. You have over 1k reviews. You should be fine, just don't work with him again in case you get another negative review that may affect your algorithm.

You can increase the price for regular customers, but it should be slow (if over a close period of time). It is also your right to do so.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 13

4 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

I don't like this practice, but it seems to be acceptable here.

His concern about your fees being "tenfold" a valid concern if you are doing that.

Honestly, at first he came to me ordering gig at lower price gigs with small jobs. later on when he came up with something medium/big project, the quote obviously would be different than smaller jobs, you can understand that.

But this buyer expects Every "small, medium or large" jobs price to be similar or how you wants it to be.

you have already seen what was his feedback about the price saying "i have made my fees being "tenfold" without thinking about what he asked for. he doesn't understands its complexity and all that. its me thats doing the job not him!

you have already visited my profile, over 1k reviews, but only two 2 star reviews. How odd is that I was asking "tenfold" price only to these 2 person and not the rest of the buyers that had a good experience?

between 2, one of them was 2 years ago for some reason.

This request was to know How fair it was that leaving feedback on a order based on some other project discussion which had nothing to do with this order. I was not even rude or anything, unless asking for what price you want is Illegal or Rude in fiverr.

Surprising thing is he is seller himself. I had many bad experiences and completed jobs perfectly, but this is probably the worst one and on top of that fiverr support even couldn't help me. 

I'm just going to wait and see the same result happened to many sellers i see in the forum and social media, buyer saying anything ,everything and support keeps on telling you to be polite.

these are few screenshots 1) when he had "bad experience" he ordered again! can anyone explain that? Why would someone order again if they actually had a bad experience? 

Screenshot_31.png.936881f0ac5df46d480275cf5bfe613c.png

and 2)  when i disagreed to work with him further.

Screenshot_30.png.2bfd40aa119a6970324c893621c9f013.png

What is this?

• Like 9

I just get a bad hunch whenever a fellow seller in the same field as I am wants to use my service, so most of the time I just choose not to take the work. The buyer seems rude to you and I won't think twice to utilize the block button in their profile, to prevent them from ordering again.

The reason why Fiverr removes the block button in the inbox message might be to avoid confusion. A while ago I've read someone here clicked the block button in the inbox message, thinking it'll stop the buyer from ordering again, but it didn't. Some sellers also misunderstood the button by using it to get rid of spam messages and ended up having their response rate deteriorating, since the block didn't work the same way as the spam button 🤔

• Like 8

13 hours ago, arifursdev said:

if this is not the abuse of feedback system, i don't know what is. also can we have some examples how can someone abuse the feedback system if this is not abuse?

Your situation is not an abuse. Abuse is blackmailing someone to do more work otherwise they will leave a bad feedback, that’s an example of the abuse of feedback system. 

clients are allowed to share their reviews on the pricing too. High pricing doesn’t mean that they will not buy but that IS something they can comment on especially if they feel that the output value  that you provided is lower than your price tag. (Which also doesn’t mean that you should lower your prices, it’s a subjective opinion if one person) 

But you might have a chance (might!), but you have to have proof of that: if your client is a seller too and reselling your work you can point it out to customer support because they recently added to their TOS that reselling is not allowed anymore. However if you don’t have proof that he resold your work as is then it will be tough to do anything else. And because he bought from you before and never left bad reviews before it also wouldn’t be seen as revenge review from CS point of view. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

TOS that reselling is not allowed anymore.

It's good news, but I can't find it on the Terms of Service page. Which section is it under? 

I may have missed it from my quick read.  

13 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Your situation is not an abuse. Abuse is blackmailing someone to do more work otherwise they will leave a bad feedback, that’s an example of the abuse of feedback system. 

Hmmm, this is an objective opinion. I agree.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, kevindwren said:

I just get a bad hunch whenever a fellow seller in the same field as I am wants to use my service, so most of the time I just choose not to take the work. The buyer seems rude to you and I won't think twice to utilize the block button in their profile, to prevent them from ordering again.

I can related to that. but I don't block them or mark it spam but if i can do the job and available, i respond with something or tell them to look for someone else. but i don't agree with instantly blocking some seller if they contact you. 🙂

everybody should understand what's the spam, report , block button is for.

I worked with few or more sellers too, not all sellers are like that. but this was a unique experience!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

The button is still there, you might have some issues with the browser, who knows. 

Thanks! I have no issue on the browser. but the 'block' button is not there when order is active. but you're able to block by mark some message as spam. that blocks them. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

clients are allowed to share their reviews on the pricing too. High pricing doesn’t mean that they will not buy but that IS something they can comment on especially if they feel that the output value  that you provided is lower than your price tag. (Which also doesn’t mean that you should lower your prices, it’s a subjective opinion if one person)

I see! I understand and I agree. Thank you!

I had a thought of that and had few of them actual similar to (blackmail) abuse before too.

I guess this was childish, that buyer was not happy with what price we quoted for a different project, and he expressed his anger on a order that has nothing to do with that.

this is such a awkward situation. I would never do something like that to any sellers , if I don't like their price. i would leave them and contact someone else.

this is crazy!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, arifursdev said:

I can related to that. but I don't block them or mark it spam but if i can do the job and available, i respond with something or tell them to look for someone else. but i don't agree with instantly blocking some seller if they contact you. 🙂

everybody should understand what's the spam, report , block button is for.

I worked with few or more sellers too, not all sellers are like that. but this was a unique experience!

If you read my post carefully, you would have understood that I was suggesting the "block" for rude buyers like the one in your post. I don't block buyers just because they are fellow seller on Fiverr and nowhere did I suggest you to do such thing 🙄 read the context

Edited by kevindwren
  • Like 4

On 11/15/2022 at 6:27 PM, kevindwren said:

If you read my post carefully, you would have understood that I was suggesting the "block" for rude buyers like the one in your post. I don't block buyers just because they are fellow seller on Fiverr and nowhere did I suggest you to do such thing 🙄 read the context

Oh, sorry. I might have misread or misunderstood..

• Like 2