Are you in the Christmas mood yet?

katakatica

I know.

I know.

It's only November. Normally, it takes me much longer to even think about watching holiday movies but something went wrong with my brain this year I guess? Now I'm hyper-fixated on crappy Christmas movies and I love it! I have yet to start listening to the music though (we have a Ghibli concert to go to first so that's more what I'm listening to these days) but yeah. Cheesy romcons it is! 

Do you have any favourite Christmas movies? Or maybe any tips on something that's more fall than winter mood even to bring the cosy fall back a bit?

This week I'm planning to work from town a little which I feel like will only get me more into the holiday spirit (decorations are up here already AND stores are selling everything from Santas to gingerbread house ice-cream.)

So yeah - has the Christmas mood found you yet?

Edited by katakatica
  • Like 13

On 11/14/2022 at 8:10 AM, katakatica said:

has the Christmas mood found you yet?

@katakatica, I've been singing Christmas songs since summer! 😂 When I was in the US, our Christmas tree went up after my birthday in October, so we got to decorate it with Halloween items, then Thanksgiving items, before decorating it with the traditional Christmas decorations (I know, I'm terrible)!

On 11/14/2022 at 8:10 AM, katakatica said:

Do you have any favourite Christmas movies?

On 11/14/2022 at 10:36 AM, serialkiller920 said:

I'm already watching my favorite movie "Home Alone". I can't wait for the first snow.

That's a great one! Our family also likes: "A Christmas Prince," "Elf," "Pete's Christmas," "Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas," "Little Women," "Frosty The Snowman," "A Christmas Carol," "It's a Wonderful Life," "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer," "Holiday Inn," and "White Christmas."🎄

I grew up in Alaska, so we watched a lot of movies when we weren't outside building luges and igloos. This year we won't see any snow because we will be vacationing in Hawaii. Actually, this vacation just turned into a family move, so we have only 3 weeks to pack up and move our family from Japan to Hawaii. This definitely puts me into the Christmas spirit because this move will bring us closer to family members who we haven't seen since the pandemic started. 

• Like 10

In Japan as SOON as Halloween is over, it's all Christmas mode.
For me, November is Thanksgiving ( at least in my head) so my mind won't be going Ho Ho Ho just yet...but yeah, everything around me is
all red, white and green. Starbucks started their Christmas edition and the cups have cute Christmas patterns on them, and there's this thing called
the cranberry bliss bar and I eat them every year. They are already available at any Starbucks in Japan, but I personally need to wait till December. 😄

I've been making ginger bread houses and wreaths for the past few years using Daiso materials, I'm sure I'll be making them soon.
As for Christmas movies...I don't really watch Christmas movies but I really enjoy watching Youtube movie critics making fun of bad
Christmas horror movies! Such a joy(!!?) to watch!

• Like 8

Nah! Not yet. 

We have been hit by a massive flood and then I had to repay my loan of around $4k which I borrowed from someone locally. 

Hence I must work continuously to hat up-to my requirements; otherwise, you know the world can be so cruel.  

I know things can get shady and slowish as we move closer to Christmas, I hope I would still get orders. 

Merry 🎄 to everyone out there in advance.  

• Like 8