Adding samples during order delivery

jasedmf

Hello, 

I'm new to the forum, so apologies if this is in the wrong section or has been answered before. 

I am a level 1 seller, with several gigs. All of the gigs have 'live portfolio' activated. When I deliver an order, I usually click 'add a sample to gig's gallery' but to this date, nothing has been generated on my gigs. I have seen plenty of other writers with delivery samples in their gigs, accompanied with useful buyer reviews. 

I'm wondering why this doesn't work for me. As I'm a writer, I deliver Word documents. Should I include a pdf copy as well? 

Edited by jasedmf
  • Like 2

Short answer: Buyers can say 'no'.

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360049216214-How-do-I-remove-the-work-sample-from-my-Live-Portfolio?segment=buyer

Longer answer: Think like a buyer. If you were commissioning someone to write something for you (especially ghostwrite), would you want that trail? 

Question: What kind of files do you deliver? Because (from what I've seen) Live Portfolio can only take image files. (Supposedly PDFs also work, but I've never come across one.)

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Thanks for your reply. 

I understand your point about the buyer's willingness to publicise the contents of their order but the question is more technical in nature.

I deliver Word documents. I know that in chat messages, Word docs don't offer a preview in Fiverr, but pdfs do, so I'm guessing that is the route to go for writers and their gig samples. A pdf could also just show a snippet of the work done and leave out sensitive content. 

• Like 1
  • Up 1

@imagination7413 and @jasedmf, you are both right - Word docs won't show up in the image gallery, but images and PDFs will (as long as the buyer allows the images to be used).

I write resumes, so I'll create a special image of the delivery with all personal information removed (this is to avoid accidental buyer approval of confidential documents).

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 2
  • Up 1