Spammer/Fraud

rishi_ramoju

Question

Hi, 

I'm a new user. I received a message from a spammer who asked me to contact outside Fiverr. So, I didn't reply to it for 18 hours thinking Fiverr would flag it as spam. But it was not marked as spam. So, I then responded to it and now my 'Inbox response time' is showing 18 Hrs. in red. What should I do? Please help me.

• Like 7
  • Sad 4
  • Up 2

6 answers to this question

Hi @rishi_ramoju, you need to mark the message as spam yourself so that it doesn't count against your response rate (hover over the message and click on the 'spam' icon). If you are on mobile, make sure you reply with a short message before blocking the seller. Otherwise, it will count towards you response rate.

Fiverr will automatically mark many messages as spam, but not all of them. It's up to the seller to mark any other messages as spam.

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, vickieito said:

If you are on mobile, make sure you reply with a short message before blocking the seller. Otherwise, it will count towards you response rate.

Do you mean not replying to a message before marking it as spam affects the response rate (if on mobile), but doesn't affect the response rate (if on desktop)?

Sounds like a bug in the system or some misunderstanding on your part!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cartoon_avatar said:

Sounds like a bug in the system or some misunderstanding on your part!

It could be a bug. One of my sellers was demoted from Level 2 to New Seller in one evaluation period due to not responding to spam messages before blocking. CS told her to just respond to messages on mobile before blocking, just to be safe. So that could be seen just as a precaution (in case the system doesn't work correctly).

• Like 7

First you have to send a message like this to the spammer you can say him/her ( Its not possible to contact out of fiverr its against fiverr rules then you will report to fiverr and block that person ) if you do this process then it wont affect your response rate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1