My account is restricted

azharulhassanqu

Question

Hello. So my account on fiverr is restricted because of something that I sincerely didn't know is considered a spam. (i texted someone to help me teach how to make good gigs) 

Now it's under restrictions for 90 days. My question is, are there any chances of me getting my account back after 90days. Or should I say goodbye to fiverr and try other platforms. 

(Needless to say, so disappointed at Fiverr that without listening to our side of story they can destroy our profile and efforts of years. After getting 20% cuts from our account, this is what we get from fiverr. Not a listen to our requests or pleas that we never spammed.) 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

14 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, azharulhassanqu said:

Now it's under restrictions for 90 days. My question is, are there any chances of me getting my account back after 90days. Or should I say goodbye to fiverr and try other platforms. 

Generally the chances of getting your account back when you are banned are minimal to 0. They only give you the account back if Fiverr made a mistake. I think you most likely messaged multiple people, they marked you as spam and when that happens you lose your account.

I am sick and tired of people sending random messages or even worse, constantly asking for work. I mean come on, you can't expect success and sales from bothering others, especially sellers. One month I ended up ignoring spam messages from some users and it ended up lowering my response rate. So not only are they annoying, they damage my account. The thing is, you are not allowed to self-promote and randomly disturb people here, that's not the inbox is for.

Not sure what exactly happened in your case but as I said, realistically if you know you contacted multiple people and those persons said you are spamming them, then most likely you will not see your account back either soon or at all.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, azharulhassanqu said:

I gave so much time and energy for my account and it all goes to zero! Honest money and honest energy.

I'm infuriated. 

You had 2 warnings and then you were banned.  I agree with @donnovan86 It's becoming so annoying the amount of spam that comes into my inbox.  We've had to work hard to get to where we are, and you'd be surprised to know that it didn't involve spamming other people. 

You should be infuriated, but that emotion should be directed at yourself, not the Fiverr platform.  You dropped the ball.  You have to face the consequences. 

I'm sure that you'll be welcomed with open arms on Upwork. However, with a history of breaking the rules I suspect that your days there will be numbered too.

Becoming a successful freelancer isn't easy, it's bloody hard work and only a small proportion of people make it.  If there was a get rich quick formula then everyone would be sipping Pina Coladas on their yacht.

Stop blaming Fiverr and face up to the fact that you were not prepared to work hard.  You tried to cheat the system. (Several times), and you got caught. 

• Like 7
  • Up 2

54 minutes ago, breals said:

We've had to work hard to get to where we are, and you'd be surprised to know that it didn't involve spamming other people. 

I had someone come to me pretending to ask for an article and samples, then when I asked what they need, they immediately started begging for work and I said I can't help, they sent 20 messages. 

I mean, that's demotivating and VERY FRUSTRATING. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, digitalprof11 said:

@donnovan86 what is your take on new Fiverr update and how will the new buyers gain from it?

What update? The latest update that I saw was being able to add automated replies. I don't see any use for it myself, others might need it. But clearly buyers don't benefit from that, we do, if anyone. Yet as I said, I don't see the benefit of having an automated reply when I still have to reply manually anyway otherwise the response rate is lowered..

• Like 9

Sucks to be here. I only messaged one person and I asked him to tell me how all his gigs are at no. 1 with a new profile and zero reviews. 

My account had previously 2 violations. Once, a was sending a website link to a buyer to refer him as the type of content he wanted and fiverr gave me a warning. Next time my account got warning because I used the term "assignment" in my gig title. I clearly indicated that I'll only guide you and help you. But they didn't listen. 

Even this time around, I didn't know that my message would be marked as spam. Cuz like you said I also got so many spams in last 1 month. 

And i was not even offering or asking anything wrong.. 

Fiverr needs to listen to people otherwise it won't stand for long. Upwork is way better. Fewer deductions from buyers. Use of connects. 

I'll wait for 90 days and if they didn't let me back in, I'll move to upwork and write blogs to make shift people to upwork. 

Pathetic Fiverr. 

• Like 4

Even this time around, I didn't know that my message would be marked as spam.

As per Fiverr's Terms of Service, you're only allowed to message other sellers if you intend to buy from them, and need to discuss you project.

Asking them for advice/guidance is strictly forbidden.

I also got so many spams in last 1 month. 

Then you know how annoying it is. To you, it looks as if you sent one message only; but how many messages from random people did that seller get?

I'll wait for 90 days and if they didn't let me back in, I'll move to upwork

Why wait? Why not having accounts on both sites?

• Like 9

6 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

I had someone come to me pretending to ask for an article and samples, then when I asked what they need, they immediately started begging for work and I said I can't help, they sent 20 messages. 

I mean, that's demotivating and VERY FRUSTRATING. 

@donnovan86 what is your take on new Fiverr update and how will the new buyers gain from it?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, donnovan86 said:

What update? The latest update that I saw was being able to add automated replies. I don't see any use for it myself, others might need it. But clearly buyers don't benefit from that, we do, if anyone. Yet as I said, I don't see the benefit of having an automated reply when I still have to reply manually anyway otherwise the response rate is lowered..

What about them removing the buyer's request?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, digitalprof11 said:

What about them removing the buyer's request?

It's not an update. It's evolution, growth. Websites change all the time. Buyer requests was filled with people that were severely underpricing and manipulating sellers that were desperate for work. I don't use the new brief system, but it's way better than buyer requests. 

• Like 1

Did you done unban request in fiverr support ? They will and should unban, because you are new to platform and not well aware of regulations.

Being in respect, write to fiverr support email and request unban.

Most of time, I seen them as polite and ready to help. But remember, do not pass negative comments in request (else request can be ignored).

• Like 1