Fiverr implemented new Shutterstock feature on the order page

ashik_arifa

Shutterstock feature is here to offer you access to a library full of images, video footage, and music. You will be able to offer these licensed items to the buyers via your gig's extra or under gig packages and if the buyer purchases it, you will be able to use it to implement it into the buyer's order.

Fiverr created a couple of help center articles that explain this feature in detail and I have listed them underneath:
Introducing Shutterstock with Gigs
How to use the Shutterstock-Gig integration feature
Shutterstock integration seller FAQs
Shutterstock Terms & Conditions

I have found this update super helpful though its not rolled out for all the categories. How this new integration and new feature affecting your business? 😀

8393931294609.png

• Like 20

7 minutes ago, ashik_arifa said:

Shutterstock feature is here to offer you access to a library full of images, video footage, and music. You will be able to offer these licensed items to the buyers via your gig's extra or under gig packages and if the buyer purchases it, you will be able to use it to implement it into the buyer's order.

Yeah, definitely this kind of implementation will be a great help for the designers or any creator.

it would be a great help for me also:)

image.thumb.png.ec0144f18f2e5a7a124afb849d9225c4.png

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, akib0079 said:

Yeah, definitely this kind of implementation will be a great help for the designers or any creator.

it would be a great help for me also:)

image.thumb.png.ec0144f18f2e5a7a124afb849d9225c4.png

Also For Standard license purchases, you will receive a 20% revenue share of each PF (pricing factor) or Extra (after the fees).

• Like 14

This is a nice feature, however, I am not a fan of them removing the Music option from the Gig offering. For example, this locks me into using Shutterstock as custom gig extras do not show up in the package offers, quite disappointed here.

• Like 14
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

How will the new Shutterstock change affect for those who already have a subscription plan for Depositphotos? Can we no longer include commercially licensed images within our project through Depositphotos? Are we forced to use Shutterstock now? Can anyone clarify this?

Thank you.

Edited by lilithx
  • Like 11

• lilithx changed the title to How will the new Shutterstock change affect those who already have a subscription plan for Depositphotos?

What do you guys think of Shutterstock replacing Getty?

I'm on the fence about it. I love that it's streamlined and we now have access to video clips, but I don't love that the option to add music as a package inclusion is going away. Also don't love that the cost is so much less, which would impact my bottom line on these extras. Would love to know what you all think! 

• Like 12

37 minutes ago, joyh97 said:

Sorry I am confused, is this related to Fiverr somehow? This forum is typically for Fiverr related questions so im not sure if we'll be of much help unless I'm missing some key context here haha

Yes, I received an e-mail from Fiverr:

-----------------------------------

We're changing stock-related pricing factors in your packages

The pricing factors that will no longer be available in your packages are:

• Background music
  • Premium quality image
  • Stock image
  • Stock footage

If you want to offer licensed media (including images, video footage, or music) in your Gigs, you can do so through our Shutterstock integration.

To include licensed media in your Gigs, switch to these pricing factors:

• Commercially licensed music tracks
  • Commercially licensed video clips
  • Commercially licensed images
  • Like 6

34 minutes ago, melanielm said:

The former stock site Fiverr used was Getty Images, not Deposit Photos. You could never sell stock photo rights directly from Deposit Photos anywhere. It's against their licensing terms.

I create book covers with licensed commercial images as well as creating other graphics that include commercially licensed images. But, now I'm thinking this change doesn't apply to me since I'm not selling stock rights, but a finished project which the user can use commercially to sell their product.

• Like 6

@lilithx as specifically stated by Deposit Photos TOS you can use their pictures for book covers (up to 500'000 physical copies and unlimited digital copies) 👍 

The Shutterstock and Fiverr part has nothing to do with what you are doing. That is an addition Fiverr gave to sellers to ease somehow the translactions(?) (and make themselves also some extra bucks for referring), but you are not compelled to use Shutterstock for ANY kind of graphic work.

You can choose the source you like the most.

• Like 9

I don't like it as it effectively monopolises Shutterstock on this site.

I offer background music, stock photos/videos etc. but source them from several other places as required (and a LOT cheaper than Shutterstock too).  So they've clearly done an exclusive deal with Shutterstock to drive out their competition from this site.

A retrograde step.

• Like 5

Hey all, Yoav here, I manage the Creative Verticals at Fiverr and am part of the team leading this project with Shutterstock.

As some mentioned above, Getty used to be the platform we worked with, but that was way outdated and we decided to provide you with a better integration that would cover more types of assets, which you'll be able to sell as part of your packages or as extras.

Yes - we removed some pricing elements in order to avoid redundancy in your packages (imagine "background music" and "licensed music" being shown together) but - that doesn't mean you can't use other existing subscriptions you might have on other platforms, you'd just need to write about it in your Gig description and we as Fiverr, won't be able to provide our buyers with any confirmation that assets used in deliveries are licensed unless licensed through Shutterstock.

This is an exciting feature in our opinion, because it increases credibility for the assets used in your works and if you try out the Stock media tab in the order page you'll find a beautiful experience which is only going to improve.

If you have any feedback to share, negative or positive, I'd be happy to take any questions.

Cheers

Edited by editorial_video
  • Like 7

Hey all, Yoav here, I manage the Creative Verticals at Fiverr and am part of the team leading this project with Shutterstock.

I commented on another thread regarding this topic so pasting part of the answer (sorry about that.. 🙂 ) and adding some...

Yes - we removed some pricing elements in order to avoid redundancy in your packages (imagine "background music" and "licensed music" being shown together) but - that doesn't mean you can't use other existing subscriptions you might have on other platforms, you'd just need to write about it in your Gig description and we as Fiverr, won't be able to provide our buyers with any confirmation that assets used in deliveries are licensed unless licensed through Shutterstock. Our only option to provide our buyers with a proof an asset is licensed is through a partnership which involves actual API calls that license these assets.

If you're looking to offer an extra with a larger markup on what the stock asset actually costs for you (if at all) you can still add it as a custom extra. Having "background music" and "Licensed music" as pricing elements in a Gig are redundant and confusing, therefore, if you want you can add a custom extra, just like you can for any other thing that isn't pre-set in the Gig creation options.

This is an exciting feature in our opinion, because it increases credibility for the assets used in your works and if you try out the Stock media tab in the order page you'll find a beautiful experience which is only going to improve.

If you have any feedback to share, negative or positive, I'd be happy to take any questions. I appreciate the discussion and feedback.

Cheers

• Like 4

3 hours ago, gussyscrotch said:

I don't like it as it effectively monopolises Shutterstock on this site.

Yes true. I liked the freedom we had before to source the materials from wherever we wanted.

3 hours ago, theratypist said:

What was the arrangement before? Apologies I'm not familiar with what it used to be but I am curious as to the changes!

You could get Getty images before for $10 each, but would need to source your own music or video clips. 

2 hours ago, editorial_video said:

Thanks for chiming in! I definitely  understand the Fiverr business side of it. I’ll hope for the ability to edit the price on these myself someday (with the set minimum dollar amount Fiverr approves, of course). As of now, the price cut from the $10 Getty price down to $2 just doesn’t justify the extra work involved with using these assets in editing 😅

• Like 3

@editorial_video

Hi Yoav,

Thanks very much for advising, however the good thing about 'Background Music' is that it showed up as a ticked item in the packages. At a glance, without this, and having 'Background Music' as a custom gig now makes it seem that music may not be offered unless the buyer clicks through to the order page. Comparing packages now becomes problematic as two packages may look similar even though (cost wise) one is different. It limits how I can customize my package for clients. My humble suggestion please is to at least allow custom gig extras to show up in the ticked part of the packages, that way it can be clearly defined. Thanks, hope this can get passed along to the team.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

On 8/31/2022 at 5:27 PM, nikandco said:

Yes true. I liked the freedom we had before to source the materials from wherever we wanted.

You could get Getty images before for $10 each, but would need to source your own music or video clips. 

Thanks for chiming in! I definitely  understand the Fiverr business side of it. I’ll hope for the ability to edit the price on these myself someday (with the set minimum dollar amount Fiverr approves, of course). As of now, the price cut from the $10 Getty price down to $2 just doesn’t justify the extra work involved with using these assets in editing 😅

I like the discussion here and moreover, I'd be happy to hop on a call or two to hear even more, in the meantime happy to address a few things.

The reason price was cut from $10 to $2 (for images) is because the stock assets market has shifted significantly since 7 years ago when we partnered with Getty and the idea is that as Fiverr we'll provide our buyers and sellers attractive prices for such assets, without having to pump up Gig prices. You're free to price your Gig any way you want and factor in any additional costs that go into your work. When you had Background music as part of your Gig you probably did that too, regardless of where you sourced your music from. Now about Gig extras - yes, for a number of reasons, this has to be a fixed price which is why I strongly recommend you include licensed music as part of your Gig packages. I mentioned before, but in the future, this will allow buyers look for assets too, and save you time as well.

On 8/31/2022 at 5:52 PM, dfenty said:

Thanks very much for advising, however the good thing about 'Background Music' is that it showed up as a ticked item in the packages. At a glance, without this, and having 'Background Music' as a custom gig now makes it seem that music may not be offered unless the buyer clicks through to the order page. Comparing packages now becomes problematic as two packages may look similar even though (cost wise) one is different. It limits how I can customize my package for clients. My humble suggestion please is to at least allow custom gig extras to show up in the ticked part of the packages, that way it can be clearly defined. Thanks, hope this can get passed along to the team.

Can you remind in which category you're offering your services, is it Logo Animation? if so - I believe you should be able to include music as part of your Gig packages, it can't be a ticked type because it's a numeric item. 

• Like 5

Hi,

Yes thanks, I have the licensed music included at this time in order to bring some differentiation to the packages I offer but sadly as you said, I can't include custom gig extras as ticked items in the gig packages which I think is a really good move if it can be implemented. The reason I ask for this is because, Shutterstock doesn't really have what I need for my clients and the filter system is too basic unfortunately, I can't filter by BPM, length, category and so on so the interface is practically unusable for me at this time as well. If I could offer Background Music like before, even as a gig extra but have it tick typed into the packages that would be great.

If I may also add, it is strange that up to now UHD 4K isn't a tick type for gig packages in the logo animation category as well. 

Thanks for the speedy response!

• Like 2
  • Up 1

Hi there,

I am having difficulty skipping the shutterstock option for media in order to continue creating my design gig. Is this something that Fiverr changed so now we're obligated to use Shutterstock media only, when creating our gigs, and we can't use our own images? 

How do I skip this option? If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it! 🤩

• Like 5

2 hours ago, devisil said:

Hi there,

I am having difficulty skipping the shutterstock option for media in order to continue creating my design gig. Is this something that Fiverr changed so now we're obligated to use Shutterstock media only, when creating our gigs, and we can't use our own images? 

How do I skip this option? If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it! 🤩

@devisil, you should be able to use your own images when creating your gig.

I'm not sure if I understand your question. Are you talking about the Shutterstock options in the "Pricing" tab? You can include this option and still provide your own images as a gig extra.

The Help Center may also provide answer to your question:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/categories/8394132735121-Shutterstock-integration

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

@editorial_video I think the implementation of the Shutterstock feature was very confusing for a lot of people. In fact, I was in contact with no less than three different support agents about it, in an attempt to clarify what was going on for other sellers both here on the forum and elsewhere, due to confusing language and lack of clarification. All of the support agents had widely different answers to the same question, and all of them contradicted eachother, except one of them, who was honest enough to say he didn't know what was going on, how this works or what this was all about. 

The whole process and information flow led many to believe that Shutterstock was now the only option to offer stock assets on Fiverr. Others had no idea why their gig extras disappeared with no explanation given, and several voice-over actors I spoke to ended up with the impression that their usual stock asset business would go down the drain because of this. Others were planning on leaving the platform altogether because of it, because they thought they wouldnt' earn anything on the sales of stock media, which was a big part of their business (and to be honest, with Shutterstock as an option, they would hardly earn anything at all). 

Combine the impression that Fiverr is locking out other sources of stock assets with the impression that they won't get a cut from it even if they go for your "new and improved" option, and you have yourself a bit of a pickle. 

The feature might be great but the implementation and flow of information has been lacking from day one. I think that's part of the problem when so many sellers are up in arms about the Shutterstock feature. 

• Like 21

I don't like it, personally. I don't like shutterstock's business model - paying by the asset for stock media in 2022 is absurd. You get an annual subscription to a library with unlimited downloads, and that's it. Not to mention there are far better options out there for quality footage.

Either way, I don't even have the option in my gigs (for video), it's greyed out, saying Fiverr thinks it's not adequate for my gigs (why should Fiverr decide that for me?). Images are irrelevant for me. And for music, I'd much rather go through artlist or epidemic sound. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi my name is Francesco. Why has it not been implemented in some categories?😡

I really need it! The technical team has been working on this request for months but I have not yet received an answer.
I make trailers for books, slideshows, etc. In this category the integration should be perfect. Unfortunately there isn't!

• Like 14