Is there any negative impact imposed on my gig, if I change gig tag?

webexpert_01

Question

3 answers to this question

Of course you can change your tags; according to a Fiverr success manager in a recent Fiverr online event, you even should play around with the tags. However, you should keep in mind that your gig probably will be re-checked by Fiverr when you edit it, which can result in it being pulled from search for however long Fiverr currently needs to check gigs. If it’s similar to their current ticket response times, that could take days, if not longer.
Also, there is no guarantee that your gig will do better; it could do better, the same, or worse.

In short, is it allowed? Yes. Is it advisable? Depends. If you get sales, I’d say maybe better leave it alone at this time; if you don’t get sales anyway, there’s probably not much harm in trying.
Answered by @miiila,  October 26, 2020.

Edited by dev_mh
  • Like 4

Yes, anything you change about your gig will likely have an effect. 

Whenever you make a change you need to wait at least 2 weeks as for a while it will be removed from search results while fiverr checks the changes, which will mean you will lose clicks and impressions for a bit and you may find your gig ranks low or is removed from the search for a bit. 

So always wait a couple weeks between each change to get a real idea of whether the change is good or bad.

If you edit it two times a day your gig will never have the chance to be seen or climb the search results because it will constantly be removed from search to be reviewed after your changes.
Answered by @joyh97, August 23, 2022.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, webexpert_01 said:

Is there any negative impact imposed on my gig, if I change gig tag?

The only negative impact is if you pick keywords that don't represent your services, and it's only negative if you do nothing about it.

You should always be monitoring your keywords for effectiveness and making appropriate changes. The marketplace is dynamic and changing, and you should be able to change with it. If your keywords are working for you, you don't need to change them. If they aren't, try to find better keywords to use.

• Like 6