I don't want direct order that has no description and no discussing with seller.

happywithai

Question

6 answers to this question

On 11/25/2022 at 5:19 AM, happywithai said:

I think you guys misunderstood my question. I don't say that I don't want direct order.

There could be direct order to me, but if there's no any requirements and any description for order, what should I do?

Even the buyer doesn't respond at all.

So should I send any stuff for deliver and request release?

That's not what I want.

Oh, okay, your talking empty requirements. That a buyer bypassed your mandatory information needed. Thank you for the clarification. 

As for solutions there's not much you can do but cancel. If you can't complete the order, you can't deliver. Simple as that. 

Fiverr Customer Support has been known to be a bit more forgiving in this scenario, but even if you do have to cancel, it's better than dealing with Buyers who can't communicate.

• Like 6
  • Up 3

On 11/10/2022 at 3:00 PM, happywithai said:

Sometimes(very rarely), buyer hires me directly without any discussion, even without any job description.
If I cancel this order, it'll affect to my rating of completion.
Is this normal or something to be resolved in future?

Fiverr was designed to be a marketplace where buyers can directly purchase services. They do not have to contact you first. And yes, cancelling orders because they did not contact you first, WILL affect your seller metrics. 

• Like 15

2 hours ago, jonbaas said:

And yes, cancelling orders because they did not contact you first, WILL affect your seller metrics.

There are two instances: the first is if the order falls within your scope of work, and the second is if it does not. If you have an order that you need to cancel because the customer was low-balling you or because the customer's requirements were beyond what you could provide, then you should contact customer service about adjusting your cancellation rate manually.

However, if the order is a standard order that falls within the scope of work you described in your gig description and order description, you must fulfil the order. If you cancel, you will risk negative consequences.

The purpose of an online gig is to allow buyers to purchase directly. Even if you instruct potential customers to contact you first, many will assume that your gig description is well-written and proceed to order without talking to you. They are not at fault, it is how Fiverr works.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

People that say "the marketplace is designed for automatic purchase etc..." well Fiverr evolved from the 5$ orders so unless you provide a template ready service, a huge amount of what the customer wants is subject to customization. Customization requires custom pricing and custom process to create it. Fiverr wants to get away from the 5$ branding so it only seams logical that the buying cicle of the client will be more complex and longer. 

If you buy 5$ logo your buying process is: click on gig -> click on purchase now

If you buy 5000$ logo your process is: click on the gig -> read gig description-> read seller's profile-> look at sellers portfolio -> contact seller to discusse what you are looking from a logo etc.. 

I saw your service and I undestand your problem. You offer highly techical service that 99% of buyers probably are not fully familiar with so they will order something and then ask for the moon and Mars and Elon Musk rocket to get there 🙂 or they found out in the middle of the order that they wanted something else etc.. 

My strategy is

1. I break down buyer's project requirments

2. I send him/her a friendly message "Hi, you have payed for X, but I see your also want Y,Z .. if you are ok with it I can send you a custom quote for things outside the package or you can tell me which of the  project requirments Iisted should be working on that fell under the package included. Communication is a key, ask the client and explain well that the project brief is just too big for the packaged order by breaking it into list of project requirments. Point out what is included and what should be subject to a custom quote. If the client is still unreasonable, customer support can cancel the order for you. 

If you receive an order with things you can't do, then customer support will cancel. 

Either way, if the answer is not " I am too lazy to do this order" than customer support can cancel for you. 

I advice you to raise prices (I am personaly allergic to low prices on Fiverr 🙂) but undestand people that charge 10$/15$. In alternative ask people to contact you before or work on your gig description to filter out of target customers. 

• Like 14

I think you guys misunderstood my question. I don't say that I don't want direct order.

There could be direct order to me, but if there's no any requirements and any description for order, what should I do?

Even the buyer doesn't respond at all.

So should I send any stuff for deliver and request release?

That's not what I want.

• Like 14