Jump to content
  • 0

Extension for more than 60 days. 😱


addytor
 Share

Question

Okay so Fiverr has a limit of asking for extension, I had an order with an old client, and usually he goes for subscription but this time we did a huge order and he would deliver me the resources Time and time so I did not care about the delivery date.

Now the order is 60 days late and I want to deliver, I went on to ask for an extension, but there is a limit where you can ask for only upto 60 days.

How can I resolve this guys, HELP!

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 11.58.33 AM.png

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 1

@williambryan392, I've never had a late order, so I'm wondering if Option 3 would work:

Cancel the order and reissue a new custom order for 90 days and extend if more time is needed before the order expires. You can extend multiple times until the project is complete (the longest I've extended it was 5 months, but you can keep asking for extensions indefinitely).

This would - 

  • Remove the "late" delivery from your statistics.
  • Not count against your order completion rate as long as the buyer accepts the new custom offer within 2 weeks of cancelation.
Quote

image.png.b50aa44e98c2962ad029d724d7c13bc9.png

 

  • Like 4
  • Up 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

You have 2 3 options. 3rd option courtesy of @vickieito. I'd go with option 3.

1) Do an extension for 60 days, then another extension. But there's no point, it's still a late delivery.

2) Don't extend, deliver the order now. There is no point in extending the delivery now. It won't change the delivery from being counted as late. You need to extend before the order becomes late.

3) Cancel the gig and get the client to reorder. If they do this within 2 weeks of the cancellation your stats won't be impacted.

Re 1 & 2 you could ask CS to remove the late mark from your stats, but I doubt they will because the order is late. They will say you should have requested the extension before the delivery became late.

Edited by williambryan392
  • Like 4
  • Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
27 minutes ago, vickieito said:

This would - 

  • Remove the "late" delivery from your statistics.
  • Not count against your order completion rate as long as the buyer accepts the new custom offer within 2 weeks of cancelation.

You are correct, completely forgot about this new feature. Nice work! I'll update my answer so as to not spread disinformation.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, vickieito said:

Cancel the order and reissue a new custom order

But won't this affect my stats, I say again the order is already delayed by 60 days, and cancelling the order sounds a bit scary as although the client is good but I learned it the hard way once that a contract is a contract, people would stab you in the back if there are no repercussions.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Just now, addytor said:

But won't this affect my stats, I say again the order is already delayed by 60 days, and cancelling the order sounds a bit scary as although the client is good but I learned it the hard way once that a contract is a contract, people would stab you in the back if there are no repercussions.

Fiverr released a new feature that means if the same buyer buys the same gig again after cancelling within 2 weeks then your stats are not impacted.

But yes, you have the risk that the buyer doesn't buy after cancellation and you lose the money / time you have spent.

To be honest, one cancellation or one late delivery shouldn't destroy you so long as you have some others orders. You just don't want to drop under 90%.

  • Like 4
  • Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
19 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Fiverr released a new feature that means if the same buyer buys the same gig again after cancelling within 2 weeks then your stats are not impacted.

But yes, you have the risk that the buyer doesn't buy after cancellation and you lose the money / time you have spent.

To be honest, one cancellation or one late delivery shouldn't destroy you so long as you have some others orders. You just don't want to drop under 90%.

Yeah I guess I can take the late remark once, although this is weird that I cannot ask for an extension, as long as a client agrees. Also being late 1 day or 60 days takes the same hit, right?

Taking a hit without cause

🤡

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
39 minutes ago, addytor said:

although this is weird that I cannot ask for an extension, as long as a client agrees.

You can always ask for extensions before the delivery date expires. Once it goes into late mode, you no longer have that option.

If the client would have agreed, the best thing to do is just cancel and reissue a new custom order (and I would do this cancelation/new order process with the buyer at the same time).

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...