Bait & Switch tactics

ajamesgardner

The pricing for each designer should be clear, standardized and transparent before payment of the initial fee. As soon as I signed up the individual wanted another $75.00 for the logo project. All I wanted was the design completed as the previous Fiverr designer delayed and delayed the project - he made excuses such as power cuts in Bangladesh and then he was taking his exams. He should have been upfront about these issues from the beginning, so I had an opportunity to pull out. I'm far from impressed to-date on Fiverr. 

• Like 8

On 11/9/2022 at 11:43 PM, ajamesgardner said:

The pricing for each designer should be clear, standardized and transparent before payment of the initial fee

It is that’s why gigs have packages, descriptions and certain pricing. 

As soon as I signed up the individual wanted another $75.00 for the logo project.

Then you should report that seller because bait and switch practices are against fiverr TOS. 

I'm far from impressed to-date on Fiverr. 

It also depends on how you use it. It seems that you Arwen choosing bottom dollar sellers that seem to be too good to be true and you are getting the quality that you are paying for. 
There are a lot of good designers and sellers but as all quality things you do have to pay at least a market rate for it, not below 100$ for a logo. 

• Like 6
  • Up 3

On 11/9/2022 at 9:43 PM, ajamesgardner said:

The pricing for each designer should be clear, standardized and transparent before payment of the initial fee. As soon as I signed up the individual wanted another $75.00 for the logo project. All I wanted was the design completed as the previous Fiverr designer delayed and delayed the project - he made excuses such as power cuts in Bangladesh and then he was taking his exams. He should have been upfront about these issues from the beginning, so I had an opportunity to pull out. I'm far from impressed to-date on Fiverr. 

Well, did you contact the seller before? This is very common with low price sellers, delays, trying to upsell etc.. 

If you have contacted the seller and said "I want this and this" and they said ok than you can contact customer support to cancel the order since is a clear attent to upsell. If you ordered and then some of your requirments are not part of the package than the seller will quote additional price of course. Is like you are bying a car, if you add addtional feautures to it, you will pay more for the same car. Ask the seller to explain the extra charges. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, tatjanamitevska said:

Well, did you contact the seller before? This is very common with low price sellers, delays, trying to upsell etc.. 

If you have contacted the seller and said "I want this and this" and they said ok than you can contact customer support to cancel the order since is a clear attent to upsell. If you ordered and then some of your requirments are not part of the package than the seller will quote additional price of course. Is like you are bying a car, if you add addtional feautures to it, you will pay more for the same car. Ask the seller to explain the extra charges. 

This is it! 

What was agreed upon is what you get and that's that. If you wanted to add anything past the agreed upon requirements, then you can agree to that. Definitely sounds like low-level seller tactics. However, it might have been a misunderstanding. I think you can get a feel for what someone is like through the way they message, as in whether it feels professional or not. 

Contact the Seller and showcase exactly what the gig includes, where it says the logo is included, and the price that was agreed. On your Orders page, it will have everything listed out that's included in the gig. If the Seller continues to play up (which is just the unfortunate case with low-level sellers), ask them to cancel the order, or do it through Fiverr support. 

It's a real shame these things happen because it taints the idea of using a low-level profile when I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who would, and do, offer a genuine service. However, remember you have a business to run and have to be responsible. If this is what you need guaranteed, then opt for highly-rated Sellers who fit you budget.

Again, I think you can get a feel for people when messaging them, so don't be afraid to shop around! :) 

• Like 3