Game Consulting: Your Gig Was Removed

heddesheimer

I wanted to offer some game consulting to help people to level their character on Ark Survival Evolved. Fiverr is offering this game in the Gig categories and I placed a gig, offering to play with any user on a server of their choice to help them to get started with the game, leveling the user, building their first base and maybe tame their first creature there.

When I published the gig, I got this email immediately:

Unfortunately we had to remove your Gig coach you in ark survival pve to level your character due to the following reason/s:

• We had to remove your Gig as the service you are offering is prohibited by our Community Standards. This decision was made after careful consideration and cannot be undone. For more information please read our Prohibited Services policy in Fiverr’s Community Standards.

I checked the Community Standards and could not find anything that I could have done wrong with my gig. Maybe somebody have an idea why I may have triggered some automatic banning here (because "careful consideration" is out of the question, as they banned my gig and my seller account within minutes after posting).

I contacted Help already but they won't give me any reason, why my seller account was banned. They just tell me it cannot be changed, but not why they banned me in the first place. I just suspect that some AI is going wrong on their site, so I would like to understand what happened.

Thanks

Marian

• Like 4

2 hours ago, heddesheimer said:
  • We had to remove your Gig as the service you are offering is prohibited by our Community Standards. This decision was made after careful consideration and cannot be undone. For more information please read our Prohibited Services policy in Fiverr’s Community Standards.

My gut tells me that they might think it's too close to you playing for people for some reason? I know the difference between gaming with and gaming for someone, but Fiverr is probably trying to just make sure new gigs that might go against external TOS (most games don't want this happening for whatever reason) don't get made. Does feel a bit unfair but you ARE likely getting pre-written messages from CS... Though not sure if you'll ever get a better answer. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, heddesheimer said:

to level your character

If you're asking for trigger words, that would be my guess, or the name of the game, perhaps, if they already saw lots of services offered around it that they deemed against their terms after careful consideration, so they added it to their trigger word list to ban such Gigs right away.

Generally, the issue and fine line with such Gigs is that anything that's against 3rd party terms of any party or service involved, is automatically against Fiverr's terms, and that they probably rather err on the side of caution. Most if not all games have paragraphs about fair play, not trading anything, including services, against real-world currency, etc.

But it's also not impossible that some AI is going wrong.

• Like 7