What is with all these spammers?

meaviolet

Question

Hi there,

I'm relatively new at Fiverr and whenever I'm starting to get excited that someone messaged me, it turns out that this is only a spam from a user who registered in this month and has sent a Telegram scam. I've reported all of them and continue doing so, but is this normal that so many scammers are flooding your Fiverr messages? I'm getting approx. 20 scam / spam messages daily 😞

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Up 2

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

It is worst for newbies. Soon you should get fewer spam contacts.

Hm. Not sure about that. I get loads of them, including in Briefs. Might depend on category, country, or whatever else.

But yes, hit the Report button, preferably, or the app's Block button when you get so many that you sometimes want to use the phone app and not log into your pc just to press Spam or Report. I really hope this Telegram storm will end, some day, I don't want to start a collection of "creative spellings of Telegram", after all, but reply to actual clients or leads, and do my work, after all.

😑

• Like 9
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, miiila said:

Hm. Not sure about that. I get loads of them, including in Briefs. Might depend on category, country, or whatever else.

I get about one spam message a week if I am unlucky. If I am lucky, I get none. Maybe translation sellers get more because many spammers feel they can merely use google translate to help you.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, meaviolet said:

Hi there,

I'm relatively new at Fiverr and whenever I'm starting to get excited that someone messaged me, it turns out that this is only a spam from a user who registered in this month and has sent a Telegram scam. I've reported all of them and continue doing so, but is this normal that so many scammers are flooding your Fiverr messages? I'm getting approx. 20 scam / spam messages daily 😞

Just report it to Fiverr

• Like 7
  • Congrats! 1

17 hours ago, meaviolet said:

I was just curious whether the situation is as bad on your side as well

A lot of spammers are looking for sellers who provide common services, so writing/translation/photoshop/web design and development is likely to attract more spam than others.

I receive three to four daily translation-related spams each day, never for my business gigs.

• Like 6

On 11/6/2022 at 11:52 PM, nickj2013 said:

Or people interested in advertising their NFT project. Neither is an optimal situation.

Just recently, someone sent me a link to youtube (pretending to be interested in my writing), but with a twist. They were trying to make me subscribe!
I do get a good deal of NFT-related stuff as well that seem to be more 'look at me' instead of 'I want your services' but since I actually do offer the service, it's often a bit hard to say. 

• Like 7