Should I make 20 gigs?

kawsaralam19

Question

8 answers to this question

No, you should only make enough gigs that cover a range of services you can excel at. One amazing gig will get more sales and positive reviews than 20 mediocre gigs. For my first 500 orders I only had one gig. Even now (3000+ orders) I only have 4. That is not to say you can't have a lot, but if you have a lot they need to be high quality and different from each other.

• Like 15
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 5

6 hours ago, joyh97 said:

No, you should only make enough gigs that cover a range of services you can excel at.

This is true, but if you know what you are doing and you do not simply copy and paste the gig description, you can take advantage of the opportunity and create many gigs to create a leads funnel. 

image.thumb.png.802681e64ede59f7c1c704eeea3d27be.png

Rather than creating new gigs, you can improve the writing in your current gigs descriptions to make them more trustworthy.

• Like 13
  • Up 2

7 minutes ago, joyh97 said:

No, you should only make enough gigs that cover a range of services you can excel at. One amazing gig will get more sales and positive reviews than 20 mediocre gigs. For my first 500 orders I only had one gig. Even now (3000+ orders) I only have 4. That is not to say you can't have a lot, but if you have a lot they need to be high quality and different from each other.

Thank you so much,

• Like 10

8 hours ago, kawsaralam19 said:

Should I make 20 gigs?

As everyone else said, just because you can offer 20 services that doesn't mean you should. If you check successful sellers here, they just have a few gigs and many just have as single one, maybe 2 at most. The idea is to have gigs that highlight your skills and which show yes, you are the best at this and people should hire you. 

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, firose_munna said:

More gig never impact on sell

Most sellers make this error, which impacts their own sales. Imagine you have 20 stones and there is only one "hole" at the bottom of the funnel; only one stone can pass through at a time. The algorithm needs to know which gig to push and when there are 20, it is confusing.

In order to offset this effect, bring all of your sales into the main gig and make that one stand out with reviews and ratings.

The algorithm will recognize this too.

It is advisable to grow your main gig before creating the leads funnel with many gigs.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

he idea is to have gigs that highlight your skills and which show yes, you are the best at this and people should hire you

@donnovan86 I was surprised to find that you were able to grow four of your gigs into main ones. Two of them are in the same category, and this is proof that the ratings and reviews play an important role in the algorithm used by Fiverr to determine which gigs are pushed forward.

• Like 8