Inbox Response time

milovisuals

I want to ask experts. how much does average inbox response time affect your profile? Due to some reason i wasn't able to reply to a buyer on time and replied around 12 hours later. Now my average response time is dropped to 12 hours. Will it improve in future if i respond early next time?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, milovisuals said:

Will it improve in future if i respond early next time?

bro, what do you think? if my response time is 12 hours, as you are a buyer will you contact me? 

24 minutes ago, milovisuals said:

average inbox response time affect your profile?

Definitely negative effect will be on profile because at that time, a buyer will think this seller is late to response.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anisurratan said:

bro, what do you think? if my response time is 12 hours, as you are a buyer will you contact me? 

In my very early Fiverr days, I made the mistake of not reading properly about how the site worked. This resulted in me not being aware of the response rate (not smart but you live and learn folks!), and I ended up with a 69-hour response rate. Needless to say, that's a ridiculously high rate and as a buyer, it would definitely scare me off! However, for some reason, people weren't deterred by it and I was able to reduce it. Perhaps it's due to the fact they liked my service/description regardless of this statistic and wanted to work with me anyways. Perhaps new buyers of Fiverr didn't know what it meant either. Who knows why, but I was able to get rid of it. 

1 hour ago, milovisuals said:

Will it improve in future if i respond early next time?

In conclusion, yes it will! Your response rate averages out. So, the next time you receive a message respond to it within the hour of it being sent and slowly but steadily you'll be able to reduce it.

So just keep in mind it's not permanent but just a hiccup! 

Edited by sabinespoems
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

4 hours ago, sabinespoems said:

In my very early Fiverr days, I made the mistake of not reading properly about how the site worked. This resulted in me not being aware of the response rate (not smart but you live and learn folks!), and I ended up with a 69-hour response rate. Needless to say, that's a ridiculously high rate and as a buyer, it would definitely scare me off! However, for some reason, people weren't deterred by it and I was able to reduce it. Perhaps it's due to the fact they liked my service/description regardless of this statistic and wanted to work with me anyways. Perhaps new buyers of Fiverr didn't know what it meant either. Who knows why, but I was able to get rid of it. 

In conclusion, yes it will! Your response rate averages out. So, the next time you receive a message respond to it within the hour of it being sent and slowly but steadily you'll be able to reduce it.

So just keep in mind it's not permanent but just a hiccup! 

You explained it very well thank you but the problem happened because the timings of buyer and mine didn’t matched it was day over there and night here so thats why I responded late. But I’ll be careful in future. 

• Like 1

These are three methods for improving your response rate and increasing your sales.

1) Reply to more inbox messages fast

To advance to a higher seller level on Fiverr, you must complete a few prerequisites. One of the requirements is that you maintain a response rate of at least 90% for 60 days. Because the response rate indicator only takes into account the previous 60 days of seller activity, you can always enhance your response by replying to new communications within 24 hours. On Fiverr, responsiveness is important to seller success. A high response rate enables quality sellers to stand out and outperform their competitors.

2) Register your email address

It is important to register an email address when creating a Fiverr account to maintain communication between Fiverr and the seller. Every notification and text message from a seller's account is followed up with an automated email from Fiverr. Keep that registered email address open on your phone's email app and enable notifications for it. You will receive an email notification anytime the buyer sends you a message or Fiverr sends you a notification. When you get an email notification from Fiverr, you can respond to the client's messages quickly and get the job.

3) Download the Fiverr mobile app

You can get it straight now from the App Stores, whether you have an Android or an Apple phone. After you've downloaded the app, log in to your Fiverr account and the Fiverr Mobile app will begin sending you notifications. When you begin receiving notifications on the Fiverr App, you will be able to respond to all messages in a decent amount of time, allowing you to keep your response rate positive and improving.

Hope my answer helps. Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, milovisuals said:

the problem happened because the timings of buyer and mine didn’t matched it was day over there and night here so thats why I responded late. But I’ll be careful in future. 

Since Fiverr deals with people from all over the world, this time zone issue is something you cannot really prevent. I still have days where I don't respond for about 10 hours, but to other messages I respond very quick so it balances out. So it basically is bound to happen, since we all need sleep and live our lives besides Fiverr!

But like @nishayini99mentioned, if you haven't downloaded the app on your phone I highly recommend it in order to respond quickly in the future 🙂  

• Like 2