Response time being affected during the night at sleeping hours

adefmade

My response time is always affected when am asleep during the night when a buyer sends a message.

Fiverr can't expect us to work 24hrs without rest.

Can they pls look for a way on resolving this issue by working with the local time when one is at rest during the night and a buyer suddenly sends a message during that period and not making it affect our response time

Edited by adefmade
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, adefmade said:

Can they pls look for a way on resolving this issue by working with the local time when one is at rest during the night

Although I definitely know what you mean, that's impossible to enforce due to people's different rhythms. For one person the nightly hours consist of sleep, whereas for somebody else (like me) this is often when they're awake instead of in the early mornings. I often had buyers message me early when I was asleep and unable to respond but on other occasions, I was messaged at 3 a.m. and could reply right away. 

1 hour ago, adefmade said:

Very true and you shouldn't want to! They do take this into account by taking your average response time. This gives you the chance to cancel out any late responses you had to do when you were asleep. I understand that if you don't receive many messages this might get skewed but, in my opinion, it's a fair (and only way) of upholding their 'rules'.  

• Like 16
  • Up 1

Well, when I speak with people from different parts of the world the time adjust to the country they set on their accounts, so even if its daytime for me Fiverr tells me that the other person may not answer because its nightime.

I've received several messages in my sleep time and answer to them in the morning, I think that it start to count after 8am, and never had a problem with the message response rate.

• Like 17

3 hours ago, adefmade said:

Response time won't be affected by your sleep hours if you just open up the app and reply a few hours a day. I usually reply within the hour or instantly when I am at my PC and check the app whenever I can during the day. And I always kept a 1-hour response time. I sleep 6-8 hours every day so.. sleep doesn't have anything to do here.

• Like 16
  • Up 1

I respond (somewhat) quickly to all the messages I get while I'm awake, and even though I do get messages while I sleep, my average response time is 1 hour.

I see that your average response time is 2 hours, and that's perfectly fine. No need to worry about it.

• Like 19

Fiverr does give us time to sleep. Like @catwriter, I respond as quickly as I can during the day. In the evening, I log off of Fiverr at about 8:30 or 9:00 pm on my computer and phone app. I do not log on to Fiverr until about 9:00 am, and I reply to anyone who contacted me while I was logged off. Still, my response time is one hour. 

Have you read this FAQ from Fiverr?   ⬇️

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360010452637-Response-time-and-response-rate-FAQ

Edited by vickiespencer
  • Like 15

1 hour ago, catwriter said:

I respond (somewhat) quickly to all the messages I get while I'm awake, and even though I do get messages while I sleep, my average response time is 1 hour.

I see that your average response time is 2 hours, and that's perfectly fine. No need to worry about it.

Thks. But something happened to me today. I got a message by 12am and I opened the message close to 3am and my response time changed instantly from 1hr to 2hrs

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

In the evening, I log off of Fiverr at about 8:30 or 9:00 pm on my computer and phone app. I do not log on to Fiverr until about 9:00 am

I can't try this method, cause i do get jobs Atimes by 11pm and as late as 2am. Am sure if I would have logged out I wouldn't have gotten those jobs.

• Like 10

Generally, the buyers who have contacted me wait until my morning to get their replies. Also, buyers that are in a great hurry often have unrealistic expectations. So, I do not consider them a loss.

Also, I know of one successful Fiverr full-time seller who has adjusted their sleep schedule to when their buyers are typically online. That may help you with your dilemma. But as @catwriter said, 2 hours is a good response time.

• Like 14

On 11/5/2022 at 6:23 PM, adefmade said:

But something happened to me today. I got a message by 12am and I opened the message close to 3am and my response time changed instantly from 1hr to 2hrs

Mine was 3 hours at some point, and later returned to 1 hour. I wouldn't obsess about it.

On 11/5/2022 at 7:07 PM, vickiespencer said:

Generally, the buyers who have contacted me wait until my morning to get their replies. Also, buyers that are in a great hurry often have unrealistic expectations. So, I do not consider them a loss.

Same here.

• Like 10

I remember when I first began selling on Fiverr I would wake up multiple times in the night as I was so stressed about the response timer. It's unfortunate but it is the reality of the situation. However, provided you are responding quickly during the day, you really don't have anything to worry about. I routinely purchase services on Fiverr, onto of selling, and I don't think I have ever once looked at the response timer of the seller. 

Edited by kaneswriting
  • Like 10