Buyer Requests or Buyer Briefs, Where Are You? - Stop Wasting Time!

cartoon_avatar

BRs or BBs - Why are you hiding from me? Don't be so mean! 😖

Come to my inbox as well, please 🤗

Well, for those of you who are wondering what I'm talking about, it is about this ⬇️

From a past few days, or perhaps approximately a month, I've seen countless threads on the topics like;

• I'm not getting any brief
  • I no longer get buyer requests
  • How to get briefs or buyer requests
  • What can I do to receive these?
  • Bring back buyer requests

Fellow Sellers,

I understand that you are worried because you are probably not getting any orders & want to improve your business. But, posting these repetitive BB/BR threads will not help you in any way.  

After setting "Get Briefs" option on, there is nothing much that you can do to receive briefs from your side.  Stop worrying about the things that are not under your control and stop wasting your time on this. Instead focus on something that you can control, something like improving your skill set & making your gigs better?

• Like 142
  • Sad 4
  • Up 16
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cartoon_avatar said:

From a past few days, or perhaps approximately a month

It's actually been about 4 months (since July 9th), when it was first announced on the forum that buyer requests were getting a makeover.

posting these repetitive BB/BR threads will not help you in any way.

I've been responding to many of these posts every day and I'm not sure if I'm much help either. 

After setting "Get Briefs" option on, there is nothing much that you can do to receive briefs from your side. 

The "Get briefs" button is a bit misleading. It implies that if you turn this feature on, you will get briefs. Some sellers won't see or receive any briefs. The algorithm is set up to ensure that the best matches are shown to buyers (not that every seller will get a brief).

Buyer Requests trained sellers to see lots of requests. I always had 800+ active buyer requests showing. However, I only see 3-5 relevant briefs a day (which is more than enough for me).

Eliminating buyer requests is a huge game changer for sellers. Those who can adapt their businesses to NOT depend on buyer briefs will be the ones who thrive. It will be devastating for sellers who don't know how to adapt their business to these recent changes.

8 hours ago, cartoon_avatar said:

Stop worrying about the things that are not under your control and stop wasting your time on this. Instead focus on something that you can control, something like improving your skill set & making your gigs better?

I agree! Fiverr is designed to show high-performing and high-quality gigs to buyers, so this change to Buyer Briefs is in line with their business model. 

Our most powerful marketing tool on Fiverr is our gigs. Our gigs not only show what we can do (our skill), it also shows buyers a snapshot of our seller performance, professionalism, and credibility.

Sellers who consistently deliver high quality and keep their buyers happy will do well on this platform.

• Like 94
  • Up 10

23 minutes ago, vickieito said:

It's actually been about 4 months (since July 9th), when it was first announced on the forum that buyer requests were getting a makeover

Perhaps you are right on this, perhaps these talks started 4 months ago. But these days, It's been all over the place (to an extent that all I can see on the forum is the BB/BR threads). 
I fear that we all can miss some important posts, if this continues for a few more days.

36 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I've been responding to many of these posts every day and I'm not sure if I'm much help either. 

It is nice of you to respond to these threads. But, looking at the current situation, I think reporting the new BR/BB posts can be a better option to declutter (till people accept the things as they are, stop creating these repetitive threads).

• Like 94
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, cartoon_avatar said:

Perhaps you are right on this, perhaps these talks started 4 months ago.

July 9th was when I requested that this topic be pinned (to hopefully prevent spammy threads showing up on the forum). That hasn't helped.

14 minutes ago, cartoon_avatar said:

But, looking at the current situation, I think reporting the new BR/BB posts can be a better option to declutter

I'm not sure what the best solution is for handling these type of posts.

I know @imagination7413 has been working diligently to merge all of the BB/BR topics into one master thread, and that has been really helpful. I don't know if the words "buyer request" and "buyer brief" can be added to the list for automatic flagging (Or if posts with those words can be automatically moved to a dedicated BB/BR forum). That would be nice.

• Like 83
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1