Fake Buyers coming when i have a real order running?

daikota

Question

Hello,

don't know if this is a real problem or maybe it's just me. 
I'm on fiverr for over 2 years now. 
Everytime i have a real order i'm working on i get at least two people messaging me about my gig. And they don't seem to be fake at first. Having a normal conversation about the work and all and suddenly they stop answering. Maybe they went with someone else or something.

But what i noticed lately that this "buyer" are new to fiverr, their accounts are created in the month they messaged me and i looked at some old messages i got. They don't seem to have any order placed after they messaged me.

Is this normal`?

Edited by daikota
  • Like 13

2 answers to this question

52 minutes ago, daikota said:

But what i noticed lately that this "buyer" are new to fiverr, their accounts are created in the month they messaged me and i looked at some old messages i got. They don't seem to have any order placed after they messaged me.

New people come to Fiverr all the time. I have a lot of newcomer buyers and they are fine.

That doesn't make them fake or scammers. If you create an account right now, does that make you fake?

It's not the account creation date that's a problem. It's the way they interact with you. Do they ask to work outside Fiverr? Maybe they place an order and start adding in extra requirements for free? That would make me suspicious, not the fact that a buyer is new to the platform lol.

• Like 12

First of all I will ensure you this is very normal and everyone is facing this issue. It is true that there are many fake buyers in fiverr. Every seller face this problem. Sellers who are doing well, they face this problem most. You know fiverr is working against fake buyers. But not every new user is fake. There are many new and real buyers are coming. So, You should communicate them well and you can get an idea about the buyer by communication. Hope You understand. Best of luck.

• Like 7