Pixelartist seller struggling to find a nice image size for my gig pixel art banners!

aimen23b

Hello there! i want to ask a question to pixel art related sellers here about the best image size for my banners that contain pixel art artworks?

i tried many many MANY resolutions with no use, every resolutions results in the image looking blurry in the gig page (the blur is especially more damaging to the image since it's pixel art and needs to look somewhat crisp at the very least) 

so if there is any pixelartist sellers here, please i would really like some advice on what resolution would be the best for my pixel art banners? 

• Like 6

You mean your thumbnails? For thumbnails, the aspect ratio is more important. This, for example, is what I see:

image.png.92ccd9b90a1426d0210a9b9da4d8dbb4.png

The one on the left is a perfect fit for my desktop. On my tablet, though, that second thumbnail is skewed (squished) to fit in the thumbnail rather than cropped like on my desktop. Fiverr does have a recommendation, but it's not uniform across desktop/tablet/notebook/mobile.

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about the resolution. Buyers will either be good enough to know that scaling an image messes with clarity, or unknowledgeable enough to be unable to tell the difference.

• Like 5