Change review

vibgulv

Why is it not possible to change your review? 

Like most sites fiverr has a review system, but unlike other places you cant change your review... its so silly to say it the least

However fiverr requests you to rate the seller long before you recive the order, which means alot of sellers get 5 star ratings they are not suppose to get since the buyer is not able to leave a honest review, and also i mean who wants to give someone a bad review if they have not yet completed the order......????

a few days ago i bought a service for logo, the quality is so bad i cant explain, it was suppose to be "creative hand drawn retro vintage logo design" but i ended up with a really simple low quality logo thats made in 10 minutes.

Now here the problem, i gave this guy 5 stars since i did not wanted to be on his bad side while he was trying to make the logo, but now when i see the very low quality, i really want to change my review but i cant...

So im telling you ALOT of people on fiverr have 5 star reviews that are not legit.

Until you are able to change your review, the rating system is pointless and it just used to boost ego and sales and does not show the real satisfaction of the customers.

Edited by vibgulv
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, vibgulv said:

However fiverr requests you to rate the seller long before you recive the order,

I've never seen that happen. Fiverr only requests you to rate the seller after a delivery is made. As a rule of thumb, you should never accept a delivery if you are not ready.

Also, you don't have to rate the seller until you are ready (just ignore the alert). As a buyer, you can leave 3 reviews on each order - 2 private and 1 public. You have 10 days after a delivery to leave your public review. For the private reviews, you have 14 days to leave your review. Because those are all due at different times, you can change your review by leaving a different private review. The private review (which the seller never sees) has more weight than the public review. 

54 minutes ago, vibgulv said:

Now here the problem, i gave this guy 5 stars since i did not wanted to be on his bad side while he was trying to make the logo, but now when i see the very low quality, i really want to change my review but i cant...

Don't accept a delivery unless you are satisfied with the order. You have 3 days to review the delivery, with the option to extend that review period (indefinitely, for 5 days at a time) if you need more time to review the quality of that delivery. You can also request revisions, if needed.

I never leave a review until I have the final product. If I'm not satisfied, I'll request revisions until I am or I will cancel the order (you can also leave a private review on a canceled order).

• Like 8
  • Up 1

11 hours ago, vibgulv said:

i gave this guy 5 stars since i did not wanted to be on his bad side while he was trying to make the logo, but now when i see the very low quality

how bad is the logo? 

I received this (and customer service happily canceled the order for me). If it is genuinely really bad, contact customer service for cancellation.

c0WKf1611523624.jpg

• Like 7

On 11/4/2022 at 8:29 AM, vickieito said:

I've never seen that happen. Fiverr only requests you to rate the seller after a delivery is made. As a rule of thumb, you should never accept a delivery if you are not ready.

Also, you don't have to rate the seller until you are ready (just ignore the alert). As a buyer, you can leave 3 reviews on each order - 2 private and 1 public. You have 10 days after a delivery to leave your public review. For the private reviews, you have 14 days to leave your review. Because those are all due at different times, you can change your review by leaving a different private review. The private review (which the seller never sees) has more weight than the public review. 

Don't accept a delivery unless you are satisfied with the order. You have 3 days to review the delivery, with the option to extend that review period (indefinitely, for 5 days at a time) if you need more time to review the quality of that delivery. You can also request revisions, if needed.

I never leave a review until I have the final product. If I'm not satisfied, I'll request revisions until I am or I will cancel the order (you can also leave a private review on a canceled order).

Well, you might be right since this guy has 24 hours delivery which was 3 very basic concepts, so it might be send after the delivery, but not after the order was complete since it have taken so many revisions.

This is clearly my fault for not understanding how fiverr works, but its my first time here. 🙂 

Unfortunatly i have today asked him to just send the final files, he is simply not capable of making a good looking logo, he will give 3 very basic concepts, and then the customer has to tell him exactly what to change and how, he has no creativity and no real skills, its just copy paste from a folder til with letters and frames. 😞

This logo cost 40euro and i chose the toppack of the seller to hopefully get decent results, i guess i went too cheap. 🙂 

Next guy im gonna try have to make it is a "fiverrs choice" seller, cost 140euro and seems to be alot better than the guy i picked at first, hopfully he will be able to do the job right. 

Thank you for your time 🙂

On 11/4/2022 at 7:15 PM, strategist_ceo said:

how bad is the logo? 

I received this (and customer service happily canceled the order for me). If it is genuinely really bad, contact customer service for cancellation.

c0WKf1611523624.jpg

i specificly asked for a rectagular design, he was suppose to give me 3 concepts, he made a circle, a pyramid chaped and a rectagular, VERY basic ones, i asked for changes and the guy ghosted me for a day or two and then asked if he could send the final files, i said no and asked for the changes, he did small changes and i asked for a refund since i could see the quality was bad, he then started to "oh no please"  " we are partners now, we work together on it" and so forth, so i felt bad and just tried to make some changes to see if it would get better, but its just so bad, simple and nothing like what i wanted. 

Either way, he clearly need the money, so like i said i felt bad and asked for the final files, i just wanna move on a spend my time on a decent logo maker instead of this. 🙂 

Thank you for your time! 

Regards vibgulv

• Like 5
  • Up 1

On 11/4/2022 at 9:23 AM, vibgulv said:

Until you are able to change your review, the rating system is pointless and it just used to boost ego and sales and does not show the real satisfaction of the customers

Why did you complete the order before your seller delivered your order in full?

review system there to review COMPLETED orders. If your seller sent empty or incomplete delivery they violated fiverr TOS and should be reported. Reviews are real however if you as a buyer will keep completing orders before delivery then you are just feeding into breaking fiverr rules. Rules there on purpose and if you are misusing the system then fiverr also wouldn’t be able to protect you. 

Don’t fall for “my father mother brother is sick, I’m in the hospital, please don’t cancel etc” excuses. Why should you feel bad when they tried to cheat you and broke fiverr’s rules on top of that? 

Edited by mariashtelle1
  • Like 7