Fiverr started adding their own questions to orders..

donnovan86

image.thumb.jpeg.fba28f5e16d295693a63a842c411f1ef.jpeg

I just received an order and it seems that aside from my own questions I ask clients, Fiverr started adding in their own questions as well.

I am not sure how I feel about this.. On one hand it might share some relevant info. But at least for the gig that was purchased, these questions have nothing to do with it. This seems just an extra step for clients and I am sure many will skip it. This buyer certainly did..

• Like 34
  • Up 6

Interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about this either. If the questions don't pertain to the order specifically or if they're written in a way that doesn't align with the seller's business or communication style, this would make the gig look worse. I haven't seen this yet, but will definitely keep an eye out.

• Like 24

I think maybe they should be optional, I mean, you can ask from your own custom requirements and sometimes even those aren't filled by the buyers (in my case is because we already talk it through so they prefer to refer to the chat).

Maybe in some fields these are more relevant? I've seen some posts where there are talks about verying the price of a gig depending where its going to be used.

• Like 22

Hm, I'm pretty sure we've discussed this on the forum before, anyone? Or I may have answered those when I bought a Gig myself. Maybe it's random, or they do it by rota, like towards the end of a year, or every x years or so, it might be data for their communication about current trends, or for trend prediction.

• Like 17
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

I could swear I remember those 3 questions having been a topic already. Doesn't matter much, either way, if nothing comes up with search, at least not easily, I tried searching as well, maybe it's too buried, unsearchable, or old, or we're searching not well enough, I was just wondering if it's really something new. But maybe I just mixed something up, or had a prophetic dream 🙂 

• Like 19

On 11/3/2022 at 1:34 PM, donnovan86 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.fba28f5e16d295693a63a842c411f1ef.jpeg

I just received an order and it seems that aside from my own questions I ask clients, Fiverr started adding in their own questions as well.

I am not sure how I feel about this.. On one hand it might share some relevant info. But at least for the gig that was purchased, these questions have nothing to do with it. This seems just an extra step for clients and I am sure many will skip it. This buyer certainly did..

I checked your forum profile. You should be elected the president of this fiverr forum and community. Just joking lol.😆

• Like 17

• 3 months later...

I would prefer to be able to turn it off, but it’s true that it is probably being used for data collection. I cringe every time I see it because it has nothing to do with my gigs or industry. So I feel for the client who needs to jump through more questions, even if they are optional. It just makes for an awkward experience. I suppose if they are seeing it on every single gig on Fiverr, then they will become used to it eventually.

• Like 10
  • Up 3

@donnovan86 I kind of feel the same. My order requirements are already tough and grueling. So to add more questions seems a little cruel to my buyers lol! However, I can see the value to Fiverr because they want to collect information. Some buyer requirements may be very limited so Fiverr is not uncovering valuable insights. Perhaps they are also verifying that the order is for legitimate purposes. 

For now, buyers haven’t complained so I am letting it ride. I am surprised we didn’t get a notification that they would be adding these questions though. 

• Like 7
  • Up 2

They are on the right track by trying to force sellers who aren’t yes experienced enough to look for insights, but the questions they chose are useless.

I understand not being able to cover 15,000 different use cases with just 3 questions.

But they can be vastly improved and still apply to every seller no matter what they offer.

I shared some feedback with the PM a week ago, they seemed to be willing to look into this.

• Like 9
  • Congrats! 2