Why I love Fiverr and, you should too!

sunboatrecords

Since I joined the forum, I have noticed some sellers complaining about the work conditions on Fiverr. Most of them have never freelanced offline and have never felt helpless against blatant abuse from a horrific client.

So, the other day I woke up to this—see attached picture.

This was a psycho client that tortured me in late September. He made me physically sick. He forced 2 orders upon me, just a few days before 'Request to Order' became available. Not only that, but he broke most ToS and rules of human decency within these orders. I reported him and, after he tortured a few more people, Fiverr staff banned him.

So this is him, initiating chargebacks for the blood money of these orders. 

And you know what? I didn't have to think twice. Fiverr, like a guardian angel, protected me from his malice.

If this was offline, I would not only have wasted days of my life, but I would also get 0 financial compensation. My only option would be to spend thousands of $ in the court system in a legal battle that would last for many months or even years.

And would I do it for a bit over $100?

So, thank you for everything, Fiverr! You can have my 20% anytime, and I hope it never ends.

mr knucklehead.png

Edited by sunboatrecords
  • Like 24
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 10

First, I hope you are doing well, I know how this stressful situations can get to you.

Totally agree with you, in an offline work you would have lost your money because, is it really worth it to take legal actions for just 100$, I would say no (although it may depend in which country you live).

You see a lot of stories here and I have no doubt that some of them are because the scammer got away and the seller had to take the loss (which is part of the work on and offline) but in a lot of other stories there are faults on both sides,So and I've read a lot of situations where the seller breaks the TOS or do something that puts him/her in a losing position so Fiverr cannot longer protect them.

So, be careful and shop smart, shop S-Mart!

• Like 19

That's definitely one reason! 
Honestly, I'm not sure I could be earning a living as a writer if it wasn't for Fiverr - sure, there's.. not-so-great things about the site, but don't all companies/workplaces have some issues? I think I've mostly seen two types of complaining/hating on Fiverr - one from very new sellers who were enticed by the idea of 'you only have to register and you'll get rich' (which...we know is not true, but they don't, and the other is what I can relate to more: seasoned sellers pointing out issues/things that could be changed.

To be honest I also have a tendency to blame other people for my own shortcomings (like some type one complainers) but the more I work as a writer, the more I sort of realize that I'm not perfect either. We all make mistakes and that's OK - but how you react to them is what's important. 

That being said, I'm glad you got compensated! I've had some rough-ish experiences in the past year as well, some ended with cancellations (some not) but yeah, clients (or scammers) can be...

Mean. (or knuckleheads, as you'd said.)

• Like 18
  • Up 3

On 11/3/2022 at 9:32 AM, sunboatrecords said:

Since I joined the forum, I have noticed some sellers complaining about the work conditions on Fiverr. Most of them have never freelanced offline and have never felt helpless against blatant abuse from a horrific client.

So, the other day I woke up to this—see attached picture.

This was a psycho client that tortured me in late September. He made me physically sick. He forced 2 orders upon me, just a few days before 'Request to Order' became available. Not only that, but he broke most ToS and rules of human decency within these orders. I reported him and, after he tortured a few more people, Fiverr staff banned him.

So this is him, initiating chargebacks for the blood money of these orders. 

And you know what? I didn't have to think twice. Fiverr, like a guardian angel, protected me from his malice.

If this was offline, I would not only have wasted days of my life, but I would also get 0 financial compensation. My only option would be to spend thousands of $ in the court system in a legal battle that would last for many months or even years.

And would I do it for a bit over $100?

So, thank you for everything, Fiverr! You can have my 20% anytime, and I hope it never ends.

mr knucklehead.png

Thks for sharing.Patient is a virtue and when one can control his/her anger.

• Like 13

• 1 month later...

I tried freelancing on my own and it's very hard when you don't have any contacts or possibilities to get customers. I am glad Fiverr does this part of the job that I couldn't make by myself. Also it's good that buyers have to adhere to the ToS... Even if you encounter here and there some horrible customers, it would definitely be worse if there were no guidelines (like, in real life). The refunding system it's also very helpful to buyers and sellers alike. Some people don't like Fiverr because they thought it would get them endless workflow making the bare minimum and it doesn't work like that, we still have to bring something to the table.

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...