Here's a fun question for everyone on fiverr! How much you need to earn per month in your country

sammalothra

In denmark you would need an income from 4500-5500usd almost like in germany.

Buying a house is from 1500usd a mounth

insurance 600usd

Monthly food expensses for 1 person is about 350usd

water and heat + power 500usd

Car from 400usd pr mounth

internet and tv + all other expensess 600

550usd left for fun and games pr mounth wich isent alot here in dk.

Here in the Dominican Republic life is relative. I say relative, because it depends on what you start out with, as families live together in the same house generation after generation. So ownership of houses, vehicles and other expenses are usually shared. My wife’s family for example aren’t rich, but through inheritance own a very nice house in a wealthy neighbourhood… yet all of them make only a bit over the minimum wage of $RD8,000 pesos (less than $200US). But pooling all of that for living expenses, no rent, low electric and only scooters for transport gives them a pretty comfortable life.

Myself and my wife live in a nice apartment in a pretty decent neighbourhood, have a car, internet, food, etc expenses, plus a few hefty debts that we’re still paying off. But after calculating our expenses, we can do pretty good with $550US (about $RD23,000). See what I mean by relative?

Fortunately my gig has really taken off, and I’m making an average of $800 and rising, so I really can’t complain.

But I am originally from Germany, and reading the above comments… made me shiver. I’m staying here at the beach! 😉

Reply to @aleccorday:

aleccorday said: families live together in the same house generation after generation

This concept is great. But in India most people need to migrate in some other cities or even countries for jobs.

aleccorday said: But I am originally from Germany, and reading the above comments... made me shiver. I'm staying here at the beach!

Well those comments made me shiver too. ;)

Well, I guess apartment/house in here, monthly, can go anywhere from $150-$3000, it really depends on what you consider “good” or “average” haha.

So for example small apartment in bigger city can be $300, but if you need big house to be happy, it’s obviously more.

It’s so scary how European countries seem to be so expensive (like the Denmark or Germany).

$1,000 would be sufficient for comfortable living in my country, but then again, I don’t have a car (don’t need it, never even learned to drive), and the rent where I’m living is low (circumstances). If I had to pay the more usual rent for a decent place, it would be $1,500-$1,700.

Reply to @mrproofreading: Haha! I never realised I got fragglesrocked. I said t-e-n-n-e-r (Im sure I can guess why it was fragglesrocked thinking about it but I did mean £10 🙂 So less than £120 per year and that’s just contents insurance because we’re only renting at the moment. That reminds me, I need to sort out my renewal and change of address 🙂 I know you didn’t purposely do it but thanks for the reminder 🙂

In Poland you need around $1000-$2000 per month to be able to live on comfortable level (depending on the city you want to live). I live in Warsaw (capital of Poland) - this is the most expensive city in my country. Renting a flat (2 rooms + kitchen, around 45m2) can cost around $500 per month on edges of city to $700-$1000 in most expensive districts in the city. To be able to buy a flat like this you have to have around $120k-$250k. Buying a house can be very expensive in Warsaw, can cost even $300,000-$1,000,000 or more.

Guest nikihiphop

In Czech Republic you need around 30.000 - 40.000 CZK to even live good otherwise you just pay rent and what is left goes in grocery shopping so you cant afford anything.

in USD it’s $1500 - $2500

Guest binaryphoenix

With my family, we need around $4,000/month to survive.

That’s paying for things such as housing, insurance (rental, medical, and vehicle), food, clothing, etc.

Guest nikihiphop

Reply to @ynneblack: Ano, ale garzonka je standart. A pokuď jste v Praze s tím se nedá příliš vyžít, Počítate internet, voda, plyn elektřina, a další poplatky, strava na měsíc… pokuď jste někde na severu… pak jak si ano. Já bych osobně v garzonce nevydržela i kdyby to měli být dvě osoby. Dneska je pomalu těžké se dostat i k té 20 za měsíc…

Here in Singapore things are expensive (being a densely populated city and all). Let’s see, renting an apartment/flat (1 kitchen, 1 living room, 2 rooms) cost around 1.5-2k depending on which part of the city you choose.

If you are buying a car you need to bid for a piece of paper call COE (Certificate of entitlement, price rise and fall but right now it stands at 62k for a 1600cc car) before you can buy a car. After you get this piece of paper you can then proceed to look for a car (at least 30k for a new one I think, from what I remember, again depending on brand). You probably need to take a loan of 1k per month for a couple of years to pay off the car. Plus gas, maintenance, insurance and whatnot add another 500 to your monthly expenses.

Now about food. Food might be relatively cheaper compared to certain countries but it still hurts the wallet if you are on a budget. $50 per week for groceries if you ONLY cook and not go out for dining might just cut it, if you dine out prepare to pay 20-50 per person in restaurants, around 10-20 if you eat at food courts/hawker centres (places where stall holders gather and sell common no-frill cheap local food, may or may not be air-conditioned). So per month = 50x4 weeks+200 for dine out=400.

Total: 1500+1500+400=3400sgd=2746usd (this should be about enough for a family of 3)

I don’t drive so the car part is a little vague and I might be totally off with my numbers. Singapore is generally a good place to take public transport/cycle (on a bicycle) or even walk (good exercise!). Cut the car and you cut the monthly expenses by a lot (public transport might cut you back by 100sgd per month, depending on how far you stay from your work place), and there are always cabs. I guess it’s the same with every other modern densely-populated cities nowadays. 😑

Archived