Here's a fun question for everyone on fiverr! How much you need to earn per month in your country

sammalothra

So how much an individual, in your country needs to earn in order to lead an average-to-good lifestyle. Like affording a hatchback car, an average home(Rent/loan) and other necessary stuff.

In my country i.e in INDIA you need any where around 700$-1000$ USD to afford all these. (1$ = 60 Rupees)

I guess that kind of depends the person. I could feasibly live off of about $300 to $450 USD a month which if you aren’t paying rent and your utility costs are rather low, it’s not that much of a stretch(Especially since less income, means less taxes in most cases.). Now to live alright to good, I would say about $1.2k to $2k a month. I am from the US. Now if you aren’t already an established homeowner to some degree and pay rent. You generally need in most cases about $300 to $600 a month just to pay that rent or loan payment each month. Then on top of that is the utilities, and on top of that you generally have to pay a much higher insurance cost while paying off the loan then you would normally probably get. That in itself would almost make everything be double or even triple the initial cost estimates. In the end, it comes down to… the person. Everyone’s different, so it’s hard to say 🙂

These are based on more rural areas. Cost of living in big cities just isn’t worth the effort.

Reply to @freelancemm: Agreed. Even living outside the city is expensive, we have an extremely old, ghetto, small two bed apartment just outside of Seattle. The dang apartment cost more than the 2 story 3 bed house we use to rent.

So, anyways for a good we-don’t-have-to-save-money-for-the-movies living( near the city), I would say upwards of 3-5 grand ( for 3 people).

Probably about $4000/month in Australia, to afford the things you listed. This could rent a two-bedroom apartment, pay for a car, food, bills, etc for one person. It wouldn’t be luxurious but it would be sufficient. You could survive on less but you would have to budget more.

Reply to @sammalothra: Here the rent for a 3 bedroom for instant runs around 2000$ cold, meaning not including utilities like heat, water electricity. Utilities are very expensive here and run for my family of 4, around 500$ easy. Now think about all the insurance you pay and gas for car, you the understand why one needs this amount. Now some cities are cheaper then others to live, but Germany in General is compared to other countries pretty expensive.

Reply to @sammalothra: Example, gas here is around 6.90$ for 1 gallon!

2.30$ for 1 Liter

400$ Health Insurance each month

1800$ for 4 month heating oil (when you buy it cheap in the summer)

and 19% Tax on everything you buy and 40% income tax in addition if you have your own business

Reply to @mimie01: Well here it goes like this:

1.30$ for 1 Liter gas

200$ for Health insurance for an year (Cover’s Upto 2000$)

Temperature never falls below 0 in my region So I don’t really need heating Oil.

15-20% Tax on general Stuff, and 15-35% tax on income. It largely depends on income, higher the income higher the tax.

But still I believe taxes are really high in Germany.

Guest designer003

In Bangladesh if i earn $800-$1000 it’s enough for normal living.But if i want live luxurious life i have to need earn $1500-$2000.Now a days our country living cost is increasing.

In Bangladesh:

I can’t estimate the Expense for Dhaka, Chittagong or cities like this. But in other districts Taka 30,000 (=$400 (paypal) ) is enough for a small family of 4 members to live a standard middle class life.

In Bangladesh only rich people can buy Car. Because buying car and maintenance of it is very expensive in Bangladesh.

Sorry, I have edited $400. before it was $100

Guest matt_garry

I live in Vancouver BC Canada. If you want to rent a 2 bedroom that’s going to be 1,500 - 3,000 a month. Food probably around $500 if you eat healthy. car insurance + gas + parking = $1,500. The average house is about 500,000 - 1.5 million. Did I mention we have the lowest min wage in the country?

so $3,500 - $5,000 or you are going to have a bad time in my city

my family 5 members

middle class

01. monthly current bill 15-25$

02. monthly water bill 05-10$

03. monthly gas bill 10-25$

04. monthly house rent 60-80$

05. monthly internet bill 15-30$

i have 500$-1000$ monthly earning life not bad in srilanka

Reply to @matt_garry: Wow!

I had heard that living in Vancouver was VERY bad - and pricewise as well.

(From former Vancouverites who moved to other cities.)

But I didn’t realize HOW bad. 😮

Amazingly, the media-moron lists of the “best places to live” keep placing Vancouver in the top 10. Gives the Vancouverites living here - a good laugh (and cry!).

😉

Reply to @matt_garry: Seems kind of pointless and over-priced. The “convenience” of being near everything isn’t worth the price. I would rather take a long 30 to 40 minute drive to get to a city and pay next to nothing in living expenses. That’s just ridiculous. I imagine in BIG cities in places like NY in the US it’s much worse but I live in a pretty rural area so I am not quite sure.

Guest matt_garry

Reply to @freelancemm: it has its negatives. I don’t own a car, and I don’t rent a very nice apartment, I wouldn’t live in Van if I did.

But I get to see a different concert every night, I get to play beautiful music with so many talented artists… so many amazing recording studios!! <3<3

not to mention the ladies ohh moi!! Last weekend I stumbled on a hidden ware house rave like 4 blocks from were I live 🙂 I can go on… the city is amazing to be a bachelor/ artists/ or if you are people person. oh did I mention the view of the city… the mountains the lake and parks I mean its just golden!

Archived