Got a private message on Fiverr, but cannot read it

successhelper

Hi,

I just got notified of a private message by email (and it also shows in my list of unread messages on Fiverr “to do” list), but when I click on it to read it I cannot get in, but an orange bar appears on top of the screen with this note:

"For privacy reasons, this user may not be contacted directly."

I can only guess that the message was considered as spam by Fiverr and it blocked it somehow… I can see in the email preview that the message said, "Hi! Please check attach file."

This already happened to me a couple of times before (with different other messages), so I just want to know what I should do in this situation, if anything.

Nat

Yeah, it’s usually an indication of spam. Sometimes the “spam” is not actually spam so it’s a good idea to check again within a week or two after Customer Service reviews the message and might declare it as a message that just happened to trigger a spam filter but in fact, isn’t spam. I had this happen to a few of my buyers that happened to say a word or phrase that simply triggered the spam filter, but wasn’t asking anything outside of the TOS. So in general, not much you can do but wait and check again a bit later. If it hits to a point of over a month, chances are, it was in fact spam.

• 1 month later...
Guest lynlomasi

Glad to find this here. It’s what I suspected but it’s nice to have the confirmation. I did see the message when it first came but can no longer access it.

there having been lots of spam mails lately. Fiverr is aware and they are trying to protect us.

By the way be careful not to open any attachments or follow any external links in private messages you get. Whenever someone asks me to open a attachment to ‘see if you can do this for me for my webiste’ or similar, I kindly ask them to send a screenshot and then they just disappear 🙂

P.S. Your gigs look awesome!

Archived