The official, obligatory Costume Thread

damooch916

It’s that time.

Show us, the wise and all cynical fiverrian council, your Halloween costumes.

Or … ya know, just post a picture of yourself rolling your eyes over the immaturity of this post.

We’ll accept either.

(Remember to keep things decent. Or don’t and light yourself into the forever fire of glory as you blaze out brilliantly. We love the pretty lights

• Like 13
  • Haha 1
  • Up 2

I apologize. Apparently I got hopped up on the pumpkin spice and inadvertently mistook this venue for a place of interesting things. I now return you to some invigorating thread on “why your failed marketing is Fiverr’s fault,” or whatever.

False alarm. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Hahahaha who knows Tommy everyone's just busy with their gigs!

Not in the forum they aren’t. I demand painted faces, weird and economically friendly costumes and totally inaccurate attempts to recreate popular characters with terrible results. 

• Like 9
  • Up 2

I just put a flower crown on my head in a half-hearted attempt to be the Corpse Bride {which honestly was inaccurate to start with)- I was going to put effort into it but work messed up my plans (out of my control unfortunately.)

If my hair is still blue next year I'll try to do Sadness from Inside out though!

• Like 8
  • Up 2

1 hour ago, damooch916 said:

I demand painted faces, weird and economically friendly costumes

How about processed food? I was a hotdog last year.

Apparently dressing up for Halloween was a job requirement for my teaching English job in Japan. They didn't know how terrible I am with costumes.

The first year, I made a poor attempt at a robot costume. I didn't realize there were "cool" robots like Transformers. Even my husband disapproved of the costume and reminded me that my version of a robot was "from a hundred years ago." Whoops!

The second year was better because I could use my white lab coat. I'm not sure what we were teaching the children though ...that it's okay to take candy from a doctor hiding in a narrow alley? (As long as you answer a question in English!)

My last Halloween as a teacher, I was a hotdog because nothing's scarier than processed food! 😂 (I was the only one laughing at that joke.)

However, part of the hotdog costume was to encourage the students to speak in English as much as possible, so I would say, mission accomplished! We had good conversations about food, whether a hotdog's a sandwich, and took turns explaining the techniques of doing the floss dance properly while in a hotdog costume. 

This year was great because I didn't have to dress up! Yay! The joys of being a full-time freelancer!

image.thumb.png.547a6e8bf2fc697df8741387e7f9a11f.png

• Like 13
  • Up 2

3 hours ago, damooch916 said:

Or … ya know, just post a picture of yourself rolling your eyes

So, here it is 🙄. As you requested one of the two, either costume images or reaction. 😆 

As we don't celebrate halloween in our region, I thought why not participate here with rolling eyes 🙂

It is always good to know about different cultures, enjoy seeing & knowing the beautiful moments of others  and feel like being the part of the community 🙂

• Like 8
  • Up 2

10 hours ago, theratypist said:

Hahahaha who knows Tommy everyone's just busy with their gigs!

10 hours ago, damooch916 said:

Not in the forum they aren’t. I demand painted faces, weird and economically friendly costumes and totally inaccurate attempts to recreate popular characters with terrible results. 

Yes, they were! I even had to turn off the lights and hide when the bell rang with an ominous urgency, and I realized in horror (appropriately) that it's the last of October, and it can't be anyone else than children asking for treats, because I have no friends, and fiends wouldn't ring the bell at such an ungodly time. And I had been too busy to notice it's Halloween, or to go to my favourite food haunt to buy sweets. I also didn't have any left, I ate everything, because, too busy, and because strawberry Pocky goes too well with coffee. However, you demand painted faces, you get a painted face, it's just not from this year sadly, this was in 2018, pre-Covid, and luckily, I had just remembered to take at least one pic in the hallway, before heading out, as I always forget to take pics, once outside and having fun scaring people. What I obviously hadn't remembered, was where the hll I'd put that blue lipstick. I was an evil mermaid, or a water witch, or a kappa, or something. Ok. Enough fun. Back to work. And it's a holiday here today, where I am, even. Boohoo. 👻And you, did you paint your face, or dress as... a barista? Coffee bean? Frappuccimoccalatteconpannacontodowithtuttifruttisauceventi to really scare people?

image.jpeg.a140cd3ea6330260d178e845e782d625.jpeg

Edited by miiila
question
  • Like 9
  • Up 2

My costume last night was 'harried writer.' Messy hair, huge purple sweater, well-worn slippers, half-full cup of lukewarm coffee. I was busy getting ready for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), which started today.

Now that my kids are grown, we don't do any Halloween-type stuff anymore.

• Like 9

It's not a costume but I did make a kimono out of Halloween patterned fabric.
I also have a pretty decent collection of Halloween jewelry ( pumpkin/ghost earring, brooches), and also neckties.

Now that it's November, not sure what to wear...I can't find any turkey jewelry for Thanksgiving. Turkey ain't popular in Japan sadly.

I wonder if I can find any Thanksgiving jewelry in the states...

• Like 6