Inadequate information in Fiverr Order Brief Matches

rickodean

Hello, I would like to request that the gigs section (on the buyers side) be updated. As of late, I have been receiving briefs from Fiverr from buyers searching for editors. The problem that I have: I have not yet accepted a brief due to inadequate information from the potential buyer. When they create their gigs/requests/offers. they do not disclose the duration of their projects, what exactly they need done to their projects, and an explicit definition of the highlights they are referring to in their project & or supply an project overview sheet that would summarize their project beyond the 2-4 sentences that they type in when creating their request/budget. I’m only suggesting this because I am afraid to accept a project via brief & it costs less than what I would normally charge. That could eventually affect my seller level status especially if it’s a customer one that Is hard to satisfy, they live on the other side of earth and is in bed when I’m awake (vice versa). I truly believe that if buyers searching for services provided detailed information about their projects, they would have a faster turnaround (in my opinion) to be honest it would save the buyer and seller a lot of time. Thanks

example of description of the briefs I get:

“looking for editor to edit video for my gaming channel. I want to keep highlights”

my question: uhh how long is the project? What is your idea of highlights? 

I have a problem committing to an order and I have zero information to go by to ensure that their budget is worth the man-hours I put in to make their project a reality.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, rickodean said:

I have a problem committing to an order and I have zero information to go by to ensure that their budget is worth the man-hours I put in to make their project a reality.

With Buyer Briefs, you have 3 options:

1. You can just reject the brief for being too vague.

2. You can contact the buyer directly with your questions before submitting an offer.

3. You can submit an offer with terms that work for you. Set the timeframe and define the deliverables. If the buyer is interested, he or she will contact you - most likely they will define their specs better at that point and you can withdraw your original offer and give them a custom one that works for the both of you.

I usually do Option #1 or Option #3. Option #2 can seem spammy to the buyer.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

No buyer is a noob. It is up to you if you're willing to communicate with them and understand their needs... if not, there are many sellers who are willing.

If a buyer has no feedback, have placed no other orders & or they ask me how to approve their delivery and or how the buying process goes they ARE a noob… but I agree with everyone, it’s totally up to me to accept the project. My point is buyers should supply the same amount of specifics that I would have to post on my gigs (in their gig/request). It would save time, turn wheels faster and cut down on nonsense and or unrealistic expectations. That’s all I’m saying.

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

2. You can contact the buyer directly with your questions before submitting an offer.

3. You can submit an offer with terms that work for you. Set the timeframe and define the deliverables. If the buyer is interested, he or she will contact you - most likely they will define their specs better at that point and you can withdraw your original offer and give them a custom one that works for the both of you.

Thank you but that’s what I do. I stop sending messages after the second person (in a row) didn’t reply. In fact, if the project doesn’t not attract my attention, I don’t act on it. But I truly suggest that Fiverr have it to where these potential buyers provide the same amount of information that I would have to provide when I’m creating a gig. I want ppl to fully understand what services I offer. When a buyer contacts me they either placed order or request an offer and they tell me what they need done. When budget buyers send request it’s very vague. That’s my whole point.

FWIW: this is feedback for Fiverr. Just about every comment I’ve gotten is basically suggestions as if I’m new to Fiverr. I’m new to this forum but I’ve been a seller here for years

• Like 1
  • Up 1

8 hours ago, rickodean said:

Just about every comment I’ve gotten is basically suggestions as if I’m new to Fiverr. I’m new to this forum but I’ve been a seller here for years

I'm sorry you feel that our suggestions are treating you like a newbie seller. That wasn't the intent.

The truth is, many experienced seller opt to ignore the Buyer Briefs entirely for all the reasons that you mentioned. Briefs often come from budget buyers or buyers who don't know what they want (so they keep the briefs vague). On top of that, you then have to submit an offer if you want a shot at the job. The whole reason why I joined Fiverr was to avoid bidding on projects.

Buyers who know what they want will usually find you via organic search, which why many experienced sellers choose to work with these sellers, rather than the Buyer Briefs. I only go to the Buyer Briefs during slow downs because I have a high chance of getting the brief if I make an offer. So Buyer Briefs only make up 0.1% of all the orders that I do (yes, I calculated). 😊 I'm guessing the same is true for you!

• Like 2
  • Up 1

22 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hmm... Your last comment here made me think. I've been sending messages to the buyers in most cases. The Briefs are too vague to guess what they want, so I always ask questions first. I wonder if they see it as spammy. I may have to do some split testing on the #2 and #3 methods.

• Like 3