Customer Request For Betting Websites

hamzaaydin

Question

Hello,

A buyer is asking me to scrape data from betting websites. As far as I remember, there's nothing wrong with ToS. However, I want to make sure before the customer places an order for this request.

Scraping betting websites are not mentioned here:
https://www.fiverr.com/community/standards/prohibited-services

Your responses are really appreciated.
Thank you.

• Like 7

3 answers to this question

Hey there! I think you're on the right track by double checking the ToS before proceeding with the customer's request. From my experience, scraping data from betting websites can be a bit tricky because each site may have different policies. However, I can tell you that I've been using "Free Sports Picks" for all of my betting suggestions and they've never led me astray. I highly recommend checking them out and seeing if they can provide any valuable information for your customer's request. Good luck!

Edited by korrelay
  • Like 6

On 1/20/2023 at 2:30 PM, mithudas9797 said:

Have you solved this issue?

Unfortunately, I couldn't make up my mind about what to do, so I declined this request.

On 1/20/2023 at 2:32 PM, korrelay said:

Hey there! I think you're on the right track by double checking the ToS before proceeding with the customer's request. From my experience, scraping data from betting websites can be a bit tricky because each site may have different policies. However, I can tell you that I've been using "Free Sports Picks" for all of my betting suggestions and they've never led me astray. I highly recommend checking them out and seeing if they can provide any valuable information for your customer's request. Good luck!

My client had asked me to scrape specified webpages. In any case, I let it go. Thank you very much for your suggestion. I'll remember that for future requests.

• Like 4