what is Fiverr the new policy for the cancellation? anybody can explain it?

karamatali_1

1 hour ago, karamatali_1 said:

please explain it if anybody know about the new Fiverr cancellation policy? which FIverr has updated recently

Hi @karamatali_1,

If you cancel an order with a buyer, and that buyer places another order with you within 2 weeks, that cancelation will not count against you. In other words, your Order Completion Rate (ORC) rate will not be affected once that second order is placed.

I sometimes cancel orders to lower the prices of my packages (especially when a change in order requirements results in a lower price) and the buyers cancel then accept my new order right away. So this new policy works well for me.

• Like 16

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 12:01 AM, vickieito said:

Hi @karamatali_1,

If you cancel an order with a buyer, and that buyer places another order with you within 2 weeks, that cancelation will not count against you. In other words, your Order Completion Rate (ORC) rate will not be affected once that second order is placed.

I sometimes cancel orders to lower the prices of my packages (especially when a change in order requirements results in a lower price) and the buyers cancel then accept my new order right away. So this new policy works well for me.

why a buyer place an order again when already cancel an order with you?

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, karamatali_1 said:

why a buyer place an order again when already cancel an order with you?

I do this a lot. Sometimes my buyers will place an order with a higher package, for example they'll place an order for a second resume at the cost of an initial resume. I offer second resumes at a discounted price since I have done a lot of the preliminary work on the initial draft. Since I can't discount those orders, I'll cancel the existing order and give the buyer a new custom offer at the correct lower price.  

• Like 11

1 minute ago, vickieito said:

I do this a lot. Sometimes my buyers will place an order with a higher package, for example they'll place an order for a second resume at the cost of an initial resume. I offer second resumes at a discounted price since I have done a lot of the preliminary work on the initial draft. Since I can't discount those orders, I'll cancel the existing order and give the buyer a new custom offer at the correct lower price.  

if there is just problem of the lower price then there is already a method to increase the price you can send an offer throgh the order. no need to do cancel the order

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, karamatali_1 said:

if there is just problem of the lower price then there is already a method to increase the price you can send an offer throgh the order. no need to do cancel the order

The issue is the buyers are purchasing a higher amount and I have to lower the amount. If they purchase a lower amount, I can just add it on as a gig extra (like you say). However, there's currently no way to offer discounts on open orders.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 10

4 minutes ago, vickieito said:

The issue is the buyers are purchasing a higher amount and I have to lower the amount. If they purchase a lower amount, I can just add it on as a gig extra (like you say). However, there's currently no way to offer discounts on open orders.

i don't this it making sense because buyer can contact wit us if he need custom price

• Like 8

I contact before ordering and had that "cancel and use lower tier" scenario happen once. The seller had recommended the top tier based on his initial understanding, but while getting clarifications as he worked on it, he recommended cancelling and re-placing it at a lower tier. He had thought I was going to get ABC done for XYZ like most customers do, but I was just looking to get ABC for Y. Those style of cancellations can happen as often as a miscommunication can happen, which is pretty frequent.

• Like 9