If buyer place the order without seller consent or discussion

khshuhel

Hi,

I am expecting one of my query about - "If buyer place the order without seller consent or discussion". Then as a seller I want to cancel the order or I did not see any option as like if any buyer place order need to accept the offer by seller. When as a seller I create offer and sent to buyer then buyer accepted my offer if match/fit is everything both of us.

But my point is have any option, if any buyer place an order seller should approve/accept then start the work. I found this is automatically place the order and need to be cancelled if it not match with seller. for this reason, seller is affected as a result cancellation rate is increased.

So, I am not know more about that, thats why I am expecting from experts person if you suggested. Am I correct or wrong. If have any no option to accept by seller why it is not consider by fiverr?

Thanks,

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hi @khshuhel, Welcome to the forum!

4 hours ago, khshuhel said:

if any buyer place an order seller should approve/accept then start the work. I found this is automatically place the order and need to be cancelled if it not match with seller. for this reason, seller is affected as a result cancellation rate is increased.

Fiverr is designed for buyers to place orders without talking to the seller, so your gig and packages should be descriptive enough to allow that.

However, if a buyer places an order, and you find that it is outside of the scope of what you are offering in your package, you can either offer the buyer a gig extra (to add on a service for X amount of dollars) or you can cancel the order.

If you cancel and reissue a  new order at a cheaper price because the buyer was asking for less work than the gig they purchased, this will not hurt your seller statistics. Based on the new cancelation policy, if an order is canceled and the buyer buys from you again within 2 weeks, that cancelation will not affect your seller statistics once that second order is placed.

If you end up canceling because the buyer "ordered by mistake" or misunderstood your package, this also shouldn't affect your seller statistics. Just contact Customer Support to ensure that the cancelation doesn't affect your order completion rate. You can show proof that the buyer didn't understand what was included in the package. Even better, the buyer can initiate the cancelation with "ordered by mistake" as the reason.

Note: Any cancelation due to buyer error should not affect your seller statistics. Always contact Customer Support in those cases to ensure that your order completion rate isn't affected.

However, if you are canceling the order just because you don't want to work on the order (for your own reasons), then the cancelation will hurt your seller statistics.

• Like 2

Thank you for valuable information. but  I was affected due to without consultation I get order and then cancel which is affected my cancellation rate. But should be fiverr policy update as like other reputed marketplace. If seller or buyer agreed/accepted for work, then the order will started. Thanks once again for your information.

On 10/29/2022 at 4:58 AM, vickieito said:

Note: Any cancelation due to buyer error should not affect your seller statistics. Always contact Customer Support in those cases to ensure that your order completion rate isn't affected.

22 minutes ago, khshuhel said:

but  I was affected due to without consultation I get order and then cancel which is affected my cancellation rate.

As mentioned above, if you see the cancelation affecting your account (and it's due to a buyer error), work with Fiverr Support - they can fix your order completion rate so that cancelation doesn't affect your seller stats.

• Like 1