Buying out commercial/broadcast rights after the gig

snowmind

Hi,

I need to order around 4-6 voiceover actors for several phrases. The question is: can I buy out full commercial rights after I evaluate the end result?

I'm OK with paying for the work done (for the gig itself), even if it does not suit me, but it's really expensive to buy out commercial rights in advance as well, especially if the job done does not meet my requirements.

Can it be done? If so, what's the way of doing so? Thanks!

Edited by snowmind
  • Like 10

• snowmind changed the title to Buying out commercial/broadcast rights after the gig

You can discuss arrangements with the seller and see if they are okay with it. I'm sure there will be some who won't agree. Actually you might even see some sellers who advertise their prices with commercial rights included with the price so you don't need to pay extra. Just discuss it with them and read their gig descriptions carefully.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

I'm a voice actress, and I'm ok with selling commercial rights later on, as long as the initial voiceover isn't directly promoting a product or service and mentioning a brand name/website etc in the voiceover.

For example, for a YouTube narration, animation, app recording, or video game character, I'm fine with adding the rights later on.

• Like 8
  • Up 1

18 hours ago, joyh97 said:

I'm a voice actress, and I'm ok with selling commercial rights later on, as long as the initial voiceover isn't directly promoting a product or service and mentioning a brand name/website etc in the voiceover.

For example, for a YouTube narration, animation, app recording, or video game character, I'm fine with adding the rights later on.

Thanks for your reply! But from what I understand, Fiverr does not provide such features, and you have to discuss it with each seller individually? And from what I understand, you will have to pay for the same gig twice if you decide to buyout commercial rights after the initial order is complete & evaluated.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, snowmind said:

And from what I understand, you will have to pay for the same gig twice if you decide to buyout commercial rights after the initial order is complete & evaluated.

Fiverr sellers have the option to create a custom offer. Once you have bought the initial gig for the recording, you get 3 days to review the delivery. At this point, if you are happy and what the commercial rights then and there, the seller can add an "add-on" to the order for the commercial rights. Alternatively, if you choose a month later, the seller can create a custom offer with JUST the commercial rights, without the cost of the recoridng itself. 
For example, if it was a very long script, and you paid $100 for the recording, and the voice actor charges $30 for the commercial rights, you would pay $100 in the first order, and then $30 for the add-on or for the subsequent custom order. You don't need to pay twice for the same gig. I hope that helps! 

• Like 7