I would like to block someone before they order, but can't

ianjones216

Question

I am being sent pushy messages from a buyer who hasn't spent any time either looking at my gigs, or understanding how Fiverr works (which I have politely asked them to go away and do several times now). 

I don't want to work with them, and I don't want to wake up one morning and find they've ordered my cheapest package, provided next to no information and expect a full website written in 36 hours.

Which is what all the messages lead me to predict will happen.

But...there's no block button on any page related to them I can find. From the message tab, I can report them as spam or abusive messages and that's it. I have clicked around and the only people I can block are my past buyers. 

Is there really no way to block someone from buying from you before they place an order?

Edited by ianjones216
  • Like 11

4 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, ianjones216 said:

, I can report them as spam or abusive messages and that's it. I have clicked around and the only people I can block are my past buyers. 

Is there really no way to block someone from buying from you before they place an order?

You are correct - I tried to do the same thing and reached out to Fiverr Customer Support. They told me that I just had to mark the buyer as "spam" if I wanted to block buyers before they placed an order with me. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

I'm blocking people who send spam messages through the app all the time, the app just has "Block" right away, no "Spam" or "Report" button. I always send a quick QR that I have saved for spammers first, to make sure that my response rate doesn't suffer, before I block them. In your and similar cases, that QR could be something like "I'm sorry, but I can't help you with this."

If I'm working on my laptop, I'll rather use Spam/Report for plain spam, but if it's someone who actually might want to or would order, but I don't want to work with them and think they might yet place a direct order, despite making that clear, I'll use the app's Block function, as Spam/Report button seem a bit "off-topic" to me in such cases.

Granted, if you said "no" multiple times, and they keep messaging, it becomes spam, though, but for similar cases, maybe keep the app in mind.

• Like 7
  • Up 2