Review

hafiz_fiverr

5 minutes ago, vickieito said:

At least your public reviews are really good, @strategist_ceo! 🙂

100%, better to have 10 'no review gigs' than 1 bad review in my opinion. Just yesterday I got a 4.3, it stung and the buyer was thrilled, it was perfect (their own words) and they ordered some more work from me. Go figure. (sorry for hijacking, I wanted to vent somewhere but seemed overkill for a ranting pot post) 

4 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

Yes, that is a sad fact. My rated order percentage is 58%. 

I think 60% is pretty normal (I have no data to support this apart from my own) so you're not far off at all.

• Like 11
  • Up 1

6 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

it was perfect (their own words)

Exactly! Since they only had good things to say, buyers will only see it as a good review. Sorry about the stars, though! That must have been buyer error. Here's your missing star! 🌠

8 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

I think 60% is pretty normal

That's about right. I think most sellers get 60-70% responses.

Mine's at about 77% right now, but this week none of my orders got reviewed. I delivered 2 more orders today and have 3 to do by the end of the week. I know it shouldn't affect me if I don't get publicly rated, but I notice I start losing steam if I go for 5 consecutive orders and I don't get a review. I have to figure out a better way to motivate myself!

• Like 5
  • Up 1

23 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

it was perfect (their own words)

I've had this scenario too, perfect order, 4.3 - 4.7. I don't know if there's a mentality like some teachers I had who never gave the highest grade on principle, as if they reserved it only for purely heavenly perfection or something.

That said, it may be something completely different that I, as a seller, am missing 🤔

• Like 7
  • Up 1

13 minutes ago, shalock said:

I don't know if there's a mentality like some teachers I had who never gave the highest grade on principle, as if they reserved it only for purely heavenly perfection or something.

I was raised that way!

According to my parents' metric system, if everything's good, it's a 3, anything less is a 2. A score of 1 was reserved for especially negative experiences. A score of 4 is for the absolutely amazing. And, as you mentioned, a 5 should never be given because that means perfection - which is unattainable.

Luckily I did my homework before I started buying and leaving reviews on Fiverr! 

29 minutes ago, shalock said:

I've had this scenario too, perfect order, 4.3

My buyer accidentally gave a 4.3 star because it's really easy for the number of stars to change.

You only need to accidentally hover over the stars for it to change. I've made that mistake many times as a buyer and always change it back to 5 stars before submitting my reviews. I did come close several times to accidentally submitting a review before fixing the stars.

• Like 4
  • Up 1

55 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Here's your missing star! 🌠

1 hour ago, williambryan392 said:

That's all I needed! Thank you!

15 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I was raised that way!

Ditto. I rated my first purchase a 4. I thought that was really strong. The work was good/great, definitely not perfect. I've felt bad ever since 😆

Oh well, onwards and upwards. As we all know, once you have a few reviews under your belt all that matters are the private ones!

Edited by williambryan392
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3