So Sorry. I am a seller. I love the new rating system

thecreativeguys

NOTE: THIS IS MY VIEW.

I have seen over the past few weeks many people started pausing their gigs, changing their profile picture to a no star rating protest. Angry posts and much more.

It seems that a lot of sellers hate the new rating system.

I LOVE IT.

Just as Jonathon said in his post (http://blog.fiverr.com/customer-always-right-trs-favor-advanced-rating-system/)

A) Review your customer highly!

Fiverr offers feedback to BOTH sides of the sale. Too often I see sellers that do not rate their customers positively for their purchase. This is a mistake – while it doesn’t have an obvious effect on the current sale – it’s really the regular, returning customer that you should be going after. Try to leave everyone with a warm and happy feeling after you’ve worked together. All it takes is a quick ratings click, and a “Thank you for your business!”

B) Ask them. Seriously.

Ask your customer to rate you highly, if they were happy working with you. Some people simply don’t realize how much ratings affect your placement in the marketplace. Take 2 seconds and teach them. We will all benefit.

C) In your profile – make it clear that you bend over backwards to please your customers. Then do it.

I have been extremely proud of my 100% rating (that is literally no thumbs-down reviews ever). Yes, I’ve had many sellers respond to my initial delivery with things like “this really isn’t the style of Voiceover we expected” but my response is always “okay – what can I do to make this exactly what you need?” This does NOT mean re-working for free… especially if it’s a large project, where communication on the buyer’s part was unclear. But just making it clear that I am on their side, and will work for them to make things right works wonders. I have often gotten second orders from buyers who realized their initial request was unclear or confusing, or that they’d misread my gig page, where I clearly indicate what their responsibilities are when placing an order with me.

D) Offer a refund.

I’ve only had to actually refund a handful of people since I started on Fiverr but I do choose to offer the possibility a bit more often. This may feel scary. You’ve done the work, and now you’re considering not getting paid for it at all?? Here’s the thing: what you want to do is impress your customer with the knowledge that you are willing to give them all their money back, rather than get a negative rating. They will often understand the stakes and almost always, they’ll choose to work with you to get it right.

E) Contact Fiverr customer support – they’ll manually review your negative rating in case of bullying or fraud.

Fiverr doesn’t want sellers to be rated badly, nobody wins in that scenario! If you’ve followed steps A-D and it’s obvious you delivered quality that isn’t being recognized, they will step in and help.

I’m always inspired by my fellow sellers, and I want all of us to be able to continue working with customers from all over the world. I believe that Fiverr’s expert team of designers, engineers and analysts have our best interests at heart. Hurting the seller’s doesn’t serve anybody. Let’s continue doing great work, and offering excellent customer support. And if you’d like a personal experience working with me to see this support in action, I’m always “online” and ready to work for you!

I AGREE TO MUCH.

IF YOU FEEL YOU PUT THE EFFORT INTO YOUR WORK AND YOUR BUYER GIVES YOU A BAD RATING. FIVERR WILL REMOVE IT.

IF A BUYER IS HARASSING YOU. FIVERR WILL TERMINATE HIS ACCOUNT.

FIVERR CS IS HERE TO MAKE THIS A EASY MARKETPLACE. AND A HAPPY ONE TOO.

http://blog.fiverr.com/wp-content/themes/extranews/images/icons/social/e_light.png

Home | Official Fiverr Blog

http://blog.fiverr.com

I hope those PRO ARS stop using the same talking points over and over and over. None of the above talking points address the concerns of those who have to deal with unreasonable buyers.

Point E above is debatable.

If you have been visiting the forum in the past weeks there have already been documented evidence (screen shots) of buyer abuse and CS reply is “we can’t change a rating without buyer’s consent”. So either CS picks and choices who they help or this is just words without backing it up with action. If anything, it has been proven on the forum that CS has done the opposite of helping sellers who have been abused by buyers. I would love to see evidence otherwise.

You’ve had 31 reviews. You’ve not been reviewed in over 2 months. Your profile says “on vacation”. You patrol the forums more than you sell. You don’t have a SINGLE star rating on your profile.

So, please, tell me again how you’ve come to this profound conclusion that the ARS is the best thing since sliced bread?

thecreativeguys said: IF YOU FEEL YOU PUT THE EFFORT INTO YOUR WORK AND YOUR BUYER GIVES YOU A BAD RATING. FIVERR WILL REMOVE IT.

IF A BUYER IS HARASSING YOU. FIVERR WILL TERMINATE HIS ACCOUNT.

Also, this is the biggest pile of crap I've ever read, well, second to Coleman's post.

The seller mimie posted on the forums recently about how she was fervently abused by her buyer, only for customer support to ignore her. You literally have NO idea about selling on this platform if you believe you above to be true.

Hey guys does the buyer now rate before accepting the order. I’m still very new to fiverr, but the past few orders I got a notification saying the order was accepted by buyer then I got the review. Thanks for your help

Joshua

Archived