Buyer

ayesha_rehman99

Question

Recently, I got an order (from a buyer who has no previous reviews). I trusted him and sent him a custom offer (with unlimited revisions) and started doing an order.

I have delivered the order, and now he is asking for revisions (without mentioning any requirements or errors, he wants).

But, when I asked him about the errors (he is talking about them), he requested to cancel the order, stating that I am unable to handle the order and correct the errors. 

However, I have canceled the request. But, now I am worried about the order. 

What to do? How to handle this buyer? 

• Like 13

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ayesha_rehman99 said:

So, do you think it's better to contact customer support?

I do think you should contact Customer Support. Show them how the buyer is abusing the revision button and not letting you know what needs to be revised. You can also show how you have delivered according to the order requirements.

Customer Service may be able to contact the buyer on your behalf so that the buyer can actually tell you what changes need to be made. You can create a ticket here:

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/selling-on-fiverr/orders/current-orders/issue-with-an-order/create-ticket

• Like 6

21 hours ago, ayesha_rehman99 said:

What to do? How to handle this buyer? 

Hi @ayesha_rehman99,

I like to use @newsmike's response to these buyers:

When you joined fiverr you agreed to their terms of service (TOS) and it is very clear as to why you cannot abuse the revision request system.  

https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

Continuing to press the modification/revision button but not actually requesting revisions is a violation of TOS and if you persist, I will be forced to report you to fiverr trust & safety who may take actions up to, and including disabling your account.

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/255537-question-buyer-might-be-abusing-the-revision-request-system-to-get-free-work-what-can-i-do/?do=findComment&comment=1555167

• Like 12

23 hours ago, ayesha_rehman99 said:

I got an order (from a buyer who has no previous reviews). I trusted him and sent him a custom offer (with unlimited revisions) and started doing an order.

I have delivered the order, and now he is asking for revisions (without mentioning any requirements or errors, he wants).

But, when I asked him about the errors (he is talking about them), he requested to cancel the order, stating that I am unable to handle the order and correct the errors. 

Reviews for buyers are not particularly important because many of them are first-time buyers who prove to be lovely people.

The buyer is likely going to contact the customer service team in order to receive a refund and have their order canceled. Contrary to many seller's beliefs, it is difficult to cancel an order once it has been made, so the customer service team will always ask the buyer and seller to negotiate and resolve it among themselves.

If your work is truly substandard, I think the customer service will cancel the order. The buyer seems to want to cancel the order because it's beyond what you can handle instead of saying that your work can be revised.

I recommend canceling this order. The alternative is getting a poor review, which will reduce your credibility with other potential buyers. You have 3 positive reviews, you are better off retaining this account.

Edited by strategist_ceo
  • Like 9

10 hours ago, vickieito said:

So, do you think it's better to contact customer support?

Canceling an order means all my hard work is wasted.

Because I have completed his work and I am ready to provide him with unlimited revisions. But he isn't telling me the errors that need to be corrected. Just saying 'There are still many errors' is clueless and I don't understand what to change. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

I recommend canceling this order. The alternative is getting a poor review, which will reduce your credibility with other potential buyers. You have 3 positive reviews, you are better off retaining this account.

But, what about my hard work in completing the order? It will get wasted. 

9 hours ago, strategist_ceo said:

If your work is truly substandard, I think the customer service will cancel the order. The buyer seems to want to cancel the order because it's beyond what you can handle instead of saying that your work can be revised.

No, my work is not substandard. I have followed all the requirements of his. But still, I am ready to provide him with revisions. But, the problem is that he is not telling me about the corrections required.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, ayesha_rehman99 said:

It will get wasted. 

If you receive a negative review and sink your entire account, your previously earned positive reviews (and it's just 3) will get wasted. Compare the impact.

6 hours ago, ayesha_rehman99 said:

No, my work is not substandard. I have followed all the requirements of his. But still, I am ready to provide him with revisions. But, the problem is that he is not telling me about the corrections required.

A substandard delivery that is beyond saving may be the reason why, although I am not saying that it is, I think from his perspective that's what's happening. He lost confidence. :classic_smile:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1