Demoted for something I didn't do

sk8man

My gig has been dry for the last month which is okay I don't mind. Last inbox conversation was in September. Apparently, during my 1 month of no orders I get a notification from Fiverr saying that my Level has been demoted. I check my required stats and my Inbox Response rate is at 50%, previously 100%. No new messages, no new inbox conversations or orders. I check my email for missed messages. Nothing. Nobody had contacted me to have caused this drop. I send in a ticket for Fiverr's support team and they tell me that I missed a message from this User who isn't in my Inbox messages. I know a few times I've gotten those scammy messages from random users asking you to give them a rating, they usually block me or I block them and that's it. I didn't recognize this name. I sent support pictures of my inbox that didn't contain that name. Is this just a bug? I'd rather not get potentially demoted twice for this.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, sk8man said:

they usually block me or I block them

Please make sure that you are marking these buyers as "spam." If you are only blocking them, it will count against your response rate.

I know a seller who was only blocking these buyers, and she went from Level 2 to New Seller on Aug 15th, all because she was not responding to spam messages correctly. She now makes sure to mark all messages as "spam." Luckily the double demotion didn't affect her business too much and she was able to get back her Level 2 status within two months.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

1 minute ago, vickieito said:

Please make sure that you are marking these buyers as "spam." If you are only blocking them, it will count against your response rate.

I know a seller who was only blocking these buyers, and she went from Level 2 to New Seller on Aug 15th, all because she was not responding to spam messages correctly. She now makes sure to mark all messages as "spam." Luckily the double demotion didn't affect her business too much and she was able to get back her Level 2 status within two months.

I typically responded to these messages on mobile, I don't really see a "mark as spam option" unless if I'm just missing it. It's never affected me like that before and it's honestly quite frustrating maybe that's what's happening now.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

8 minutes ago, sk8man said:

I typically responded to these messages on mobile, I don't really see a "mark as spam option" unless if I'm just missing it. It's never affected me like that before and it's honestly quite frustrating maybe that's what's happening now.

Here are the two options that pop up when you hover over the messages: the flag button blocks and the spam button marks as spam:

image.png.2ea2da7344d12721353b6196655d4477.png

• Like 3
  • Up 1

5 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Here are the two options that pop up when you hover over the messages: the flag button blocks and the spam button marks as spam:

That's not relevant to me responding on mobile. But I also found another thing just now. I found the person the support team claims messaged me, in my spam inbox! 

You can see through what I attached, it was already marked as spam and said it would not affect my response rate. Even though the support team said this exact person is what affected my response rate.

IMG_9713.png

• Like 4
  • Up 1

If you are only using the mobile "block" function, you will have to respond with a short message, such as "No" or "Hi" before blocking the buyer. I can see in the picture above that you didn't respond to the message, you only blocked them. Even though Fiverr's automated response says it will not affect your response rate, you do need to at least include a short response so that it doesn't count against you when you block a buyer.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

2 minutes ago, vickieito said:

If you are only using the mobile "block" function, you will have to respond with a short message, such as "No" or "Hi" before blocking the buyer. I can see in the picture above that you didn't respond to the message, you only blocked them. Even though Fiverr's automated response says it will not affect your response rate, you do need to at least include a short response so that it doesn't count against you when you block a buyer.

No, I'm sorry, this should not count against me. Fiverr already marked it as spam as it was in my "spam inbox" and I don't even have a notification of this message in my email. This is not a fair mark against me and if it's going to count against me then it shouldn't say that it won't. 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

20 minutes ago, sk8man said:

No, I'm sorry, this should not count against me. Fiverr already marked it as spam as it was in my "spam inbox" and I don't even have a notification of this message in my email. This is not a fair mark against me and if it's going to count against me then it shouldn't say that it won't. 

It could be that something changed on Fiverr side - since August, I have seen sellers coming to the forum complaining about this very thing. It's also the same time that the double demotion happened to the Level 2 seller that I knew - she also stated that she was answering every message. Customer Service also pointed her to messages that were in her spam box, so you two might have very similar cases. Unfortunately, Customer Support couldn't help her.

From the mobile view home page, sometimes it'll show that you have "unread" messages. This isn't sent to you as a notification, you'll just see it when you go to the homepage under your 'To Dos.' When I see that, I usually go to my spam box and click on all the messages to make the "unread" status go away. I'm not sure if that's going to help you, but I do check that every day just in case.

• Like 4
  • Up 1