freelancers feels disrespectful on fiverr

aftabjaved

A client ask me to check his website is infected with malware or not, he want me to check on zoom call before placing order.

we start call, after checking i found his website is okay and then we ask me to teach him how to create a landing page, i just tell him requirements, then he ask me to write steps on a notepad (on his computer using zoom) what are requirements and steps to learn and create landing page, after that he ask me few questions like how to setup domain, how to setup web hosting, how he will practice on his pc.

i answer his all questions, and i setup xampp on his computer, teach him how to install wordpress, how to create database, 

he ask me many questions, and i answered all. then he ask me to teach him daily, i tell him that i am a freelancer and it is difficult for me to set a lecture time daily. but i will try on 10PM, and we agree on it. 

then he ask me my services charges for today's session, and we agree on $50, 

he ask me to place order, i send him custom request, order placed, i send him a image as delivery, he accepted and provide 5 star review. 

next day he ask me to start lecture, but i tell him that i am not available, 

next day he ask me again and i refused also i tell me that i am not available because of other orders, i request him to find someone else who will give him proper time daily. 

then after sometime fiverr just send me notification that previous order that was completed two days ago is cancelled and payment refunded to buyer. 

i contact fiverr support team and they said they read all messages and evaluate that i didn't provide complete task. also refer me some tips  to avoid cancellation.

my question is, that order was only for that session, in which i teach him how to scan website for malware, how to setup localhost, how to install wordpress and all of his questions.

how fiverr support team knows, i am wrong in that order, and cancel the order, how buyer is not cheating.

this is not happen with me for first time. 

the simple way for buyers to cheat is  just ask someone to do things on video call like zoom. complete the order give freelancers good reviews and after few days ask fiverr support team, that work is not done and cancel the order, very simple, just like it. 

i am very disappointed from fiverr support team. because they didn't even ask buyer why he accepted delivery, why he gave 5 star if the work is not complete. 

if other freelancer face same issues, please comment to improve fiverr platform for everyone.

Thank you

• Like 17
  • Up 3

13 hours ago, aftabjaved said:

he ask me many questions, and i answered all. then he ask me to teach him daily, i tell him that i am a freelancer and it is difficult for me to set a lecture time daily. but i will try on 10PM, and we agree on it. 

This sounds like you agreed to help him daily, meaning, every day, for as long as he needs your help. By refusing to help him every day after the first day, you were, technically, breaking the terms of the work that you agreed to provide. I would not be surprised if Fiverr saw this the same way, and for that reason, allowed the buyer to get his money back.

i contact fiverr support team and they said they read all messages and evaluate that i didn't provide complete task.

Well, there you go. Fiverr agrees. You didn't provide the daily work that you agreed to provide.

because they didn't even ask buyer why he accepted delivery, why he gave 5 star if the work is not complete. 

You appear to have agreed to help him daily, at 10PM every day. The buyer may have been confused on the completion process, however, he was not wrong to come back the next day and ask you to help him again. You agreed to help him daily. You need to be careful how you word things. 

• Like 13
  • Up 1

There are 2 sides to every story so I can't really tell what is going on, but I will say that I got somewhat confused when reading through your story.
I'm guessing there was some miscommunication and misunderstanding between you two. 

I will say thought just like @jonbaaspointed out, you DID agree on 10pm. It says you will "try," but maybe you didn't make that part clear enough,
or you didn't try hard enough??

I'm sorry for what happened, but good luck with your future orders and be sure both sides are 10000000% clear with each other's intentions!

• Like 14
  • Up 1

From your story. If it's really true, for me I think Fiverr team did wrong by cancelling the completed order just to favor the seller. 

You told him you will try your best to teach him daily that is he will be paying you for daily as well. If you are unable to continue with the teaching and you have already told him to find someone else because you are occupied with another work. I see no reason why Fiverr will cheat you on the previous job you did well by cancelling the completed order just because you couldn't make it. Since, you both didn't make it an agreement that you will teach him everyday before you get him payed. It's a daily task which you fulfill once and he payed you off. If you couldn't continue with it, there are other freelencer to offer him the service. 

Well, I'm not surprised because Fiverr team always support buyer's instead of seller's. You just have to let go and be careful of wherever you discuss with buyer's next time. The daily teaching you offer him which he payed you was a wasted. He gain from you while you loose at the end. 

• Like 13

9 hours ago, jonbaas said:

This sounds like you agreed to help him daily, meaning, every day, for as long as he needs your help. By refusing to help him every day after the first day, you were, technically, breaking the terms of the work that you agreed to provide. I would not be surprised if Fiverr saw this the same way, and for that reason, allowed the buyer to get his money back.

Well, there you go. Fiverr agrees. You didn't provide the daily work that you agreed to provide.

You appear to have agreed to help him daily, at 10PM every day. The buyer may have been confused on the completion process, however, he was not wrong to come back the next day and ask you to help him again. You agreed to help him daily. You need to be careful how you word things. 

1) That spacific order was only for 1st day. every session will have new order. 
2) Fiverr didn't every know what we talk over zoom and what was the actual deal. what we discuss over zoom
3) Fiverr support team didn't ask for reason to both parties. they must atleast talk to both parties so they understand where is the actual fault. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, aftabjaved said:

2) Fiverr didn't every know what we talk over zoom and what was the actual deal. what we discuss over zoom
3) Fiverr support team didn't ask for reason to both parties. they must atleast talk to both parties so they understand where is the actual fault. 

It depends on what requirements was mentioned on the order page - you need to describe in as much detail as possible what exactly you will do as part of this order. If you didn't specify that it was ONE zoom call, Fiverr probably also thought it was a series of lectures that you eventually turned down

• Like 11

9 hours ago, aftabjaved said:

That spacific order was only for 1st day. every session will have new order. 

That does not appear to be what Fiverr saw, because they told you that you did not provide all of the work that was promised in the order. Clearly they saw something contrary to what you claim. 

Fiverr didn't every know what we talk over zoom and what was the actual deal. what we discuss over zoom

Fiverr can see what was, and was not, listed within the terms of the order. I have a feeling that you were not clear in the order terms, and when the buyer went to Fiverr to complain, Fiverr was able to see what they needed to see, and it supported the buyer's complaints. You NEED to be mindful of how you explain the terms of your order. There can be no room for ambiguity in legal contracts. A purchased gig is a legal contract.

Fiverr support team didn't ask for reason to both parties.

Perhaps they didn't need to. Perhaps the terms of the order reflected what the buyer complained about. You are bound to abide by all terms and claims of a legal contract. If the buyer's claims were supported by what was written in the legal contract, Fiverr doesn't need to "ask you for reasons". The contract -- the terms of the order, as written -- are legally binding. They can take action based upon the words/wording of the mutally-agreed-to, legally binding contract. If the contract suggested that you did not provide all the work that you agreed to provide, then Fiverr has every right to act accordingly. They do not need your permission -- especially when you are in the wrong.

• Like 7

On 10/22/2022 at 11:45 PM, jonbaas said:

On a second read, I think you are right. This particular seller is in the wrong.

On 10/23/2022 at 9:12 AM, aftabjaved said:

If you did not specify it in your order description, it is your own fault. No offense, but I think the problem is with you because you are providing the service in English when you are not fully fluent enough in english language to deliver the service at a professional level (or to communicate clearly).

• Like 9