Why some sellers of my same category don't have any samples of their previous work (those selected by the buyers) in their Live Portfolio?

deborahmusic

Question

So, I know that buyers can decide wether or not my work can be displayed in my portfolio when they're leaving a review and also that we sellers can do nothing about it. I mean if they decide to display it, our work will end up on our gig portfolio no matter what. But I noticed some sellers with a lot of reviews (so I'm not talking about people who completed only a few orders), like him for example (https://it.fiverr.com/seankilleen_/be-your-male-singer-and-songwriter?context_referrer=subcategory_listing&source=category_tree&ref_ctx_id=8088eb48462854d8ba11733b02aeba71&pckg_id=1&pos=8&context_type=auto&funnel=8088eb48462854d8ba11733b02aeba71&imp_id=e9c29c6f-deeb-41a4-9f8e-24bb15e1c3e5) who have ZERO samples left by the buyers. So, how does this work? Is there an actual option to do that? 

• Like 11

9 answers to this question

10 hours ago, deborahmusic said:

Can you please tell me where that is? I really can't find it

You can find it where @vickieitotold you, or you can go to your profile, click on the three dots on the lower left corner of your gig, then "Advanced", and one of the options you'll see will be to turn Live Portfolio off or on.

• Like 6

A lot of writers have Copyscape scans of their work that they use as samples, or just PDF samples. I have an older PDF I wrote a while ago and the reason why I don't have any others is because that PDF was stolen to death by others. I always direct potential customers to my own website where I have content I wrote, at least I know they can steal and be penalized by Google for duplicated content. So I, for one, choose not to have any samples because people steal them. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, donnovan86 said:

A lot of writers have Copyscape scans of their work that they use as samples, or just PDF samples. I have an older PDF I wrote a while ago and the reason why I don't have any others is because that PDF was stolen to death by others. I always direct potential customers to my own website where I have content I wrote, at least I know they can steal and be penalized by Google for duplicated content. So I, for one, choose not to have any samples because people steal them. 

Yeah I'm not sure what to do to be honest, then I was thinking if I want to turn it back on will my old and new samples still show up or maybe just the old ones or none of them at all? 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, deborahmusic said:

if I want to turn it back on will my old and new samples still show up or maybe just the old ones or none of them at all? 

You can turn your Live Gallery off and on and all the samples that have been approved by your buyers will still be there (even those approved when this is turned off).

When the Live Gallery is turned off, you will have the option of enabling/disabling the Live Gallery sample for each delivery. Buyers can still approve samples to add to the Live Gallery if you enable that in the delivery. It just won't show up until you turn the Live Gallery back on by checking that option on your Gig page.

• Like 7