What are the allowed basic prices?

emisnug

Question

Hi Fiverr community! I'm trying to list my very first gig around video production services - and there's something I'm not getting. 

What are the "allowed" basic prices? 

I am looking to set $2000 as my basic price - which includes a day of onsite filming, a couple rounds of editing and licensed music. Now, I'm fairly open about my prices: as a DP, my date rate is 800/10, with my basic rental gear being another 300 on top of that: $1100 for 1 day of filming, and that's not including transport to the filming location, or time spent editing, or consumable costs like hard drives. Once I factor in transport costs (on average, $500 if it's a flight + a hotel), 3-4 hours of editing per revision round and sunk costs like Frame.io, AWS and a couple analytic platforms (I don't like the idea of a client not getting a proper return on their video investment), it brings it to around $2000 for a small video shoot. 

This is in line with other professionals in the video production industry - yet, I can't list this as a basic price for the service. 

How should I proceed here? 

• Like 7

6 answers to this question

13 hours ago, jonbaas said:

Charge what you feel your prices are worth, and make sure those are prices that your target customers are willing to pay.

I am still trying to set this price: I get an error where I'm not allowed to set the basic price as $2000. The system just shows me an error bar that says "$2000 is not an allowed basic price"

• Like 5

There are gigs with basic package prices that are over $2000 and where the seller isn't a Pro Seller and where it's not a studio gig.

eg. there's an unleveled seller who has a basic package price of $8,800 in the Lifestyle->Collectibles category.

Maybe if it's not allowing >= $2000 it could be a new limit.

Or maybe it's because of the category. Or maybe they've now limited it to only people of a certain level. It allowed me to change a gig's basic package price to $2000 in the video editing category (just as a test). You could check the other gigs in the same category to see what their maximum gig prices are.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5
  • Up 2

43 minutes ago, emisnug said:

I am still trying to set this price: I get an error where I'm not allowed to set the basic price as $2000. The system just shows me an error bar that says "$2000 is not an allowed basic price"

Fiverr recommend that the seller for start his basic package at $5 and I hope it solves your error problems.

• Like 6
  • Confused 3