To buyers: Did you ever decide not to buy from a seller because of his or her username?

xpertmarketer

I haven’t ever done that as a buyer but a big factor for me is how well the seller communicates. If a seller has a gig description that’s riddled with grammatical errors or blatant punctuation mistakes, that usually scares me off. I’m kind of picky though and I’m pretty particular about communication.

Yes. Well, almost.

The name they intended to use, included the word “kingdom”.

However, their profile is —kindom.

:))

Even better, their profile picture includes a crown (so you KNOW what the correct version SHOULD have been), plus includes their profile name - mis-spelled again!

=))

If they were offering Writing Gigs, then yes, obviously, they’d lose my business.

Fortunately for them, they offer a completely-different type of service - so I still have them listed as “potential”.

Still, ya gotta wonder…!!

😮

I would be leery of misspelled names; especially if their forte is supposedly writing— or some derivation thereof. I am not annoyed but, I ‘do’ wonder about the mindset of someone who has typos strewn throughout their profile description. Unlike their Fiverr name, this information can be changed so I am thinking ‘Lazy, scatter-brained, sloppy,… etcetera’. As far as other names, i.e. “Scammer2U” and “xxx69Venusxxx” —these monikers go without saying…

Then again, the Fiverr system occasionally auto ‘corrects’ spelling here on the forum so… that may apply to the main website too.

• 4 weeks later...

I suppose if it appeared that the name had some offensive-term or swear-word mixed in with it, then something like that could put me off. Or even possibly if the avatar-image seemed offensive (like perhaps if it was a picture of someone giving you “the finger”, as an example) 😛

Archived