Gigs are not shown in search results after updating

nadeemehsan723

Hello Everyone.

Need your suggestions.

I have a question related to my gig. My gig is ranked and its on first page and i have also completed orders on this gig. I have ranked my gig on low competition keywords but now i want to rank my gig on some High competition keywords like website design or website development having a high competition.

So should i update my gig tags or it will effect my gig ranking?

• Like 8

15 hours ago, gomesanik said:

Please, don't edit your keywords because Fiverr didn't like them. Obviously, you lost your gig rank you can only update your gig price. 

This is 100% false advice. Edit your gig -- and your keywords -- if you need to. There is no gig rank; that's not how Fiverr works.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, sheryyy0333 said:

your gig will go down for 1-2 days then it will regain its place on 1st page

Well, that's not enterily true, while editing your gig can benefit it's positioning it can also sink it. You have to work with the system and learn what works best for your gig.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The red symbol is just to warn you that your rating is less than 4.7 stars. If you were a leveled seller you would lose your level if your rating was below 4.7. You aren't a leveled seller, so you don't have to worry about that.

However, I'm not sure why your profile edit view is showing 4 stars when buyer still see a 4.7 average review when visiting your page...

image.png.64acf32ab7a644cb47bc94c9fe4a5837.png

Just focus on keeping your customers happy so that they can give you good reviews. If you get enough 5-star reviews, you can get your average up to 5 stars.

Your 4-star didn't leave any clues on what you could do to improve, but one of your 5-star reviews left the following comments on what you could improve:

some of the attention to detail could be improved as I had to repeat some information during discussion and a few of the visual elements weren't consistent in initial drafts

So I would focus on improving that if I were you.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

7 minutes ago, vickieito said:

The red symbol is just to warn you that your rating is less than 4.7 stars. If you were a leveled seller you would lose your level if your rating was below 4.7. You aren't a leveled seller, so you don't have to worry about that.

However, I'm not sure why your profile edit view is showing 4 stars when buyer still see a 4.7 average review when visiting your page...

image.png.64acf32ab7a644cb47bc94c9fe4a5837.png

Just focus on keeping your customers happy so that they can give you good reviews. If you get enough 5-star reviews, you can get your average up to 5 stars.

Your 4-star didn't leave any clues on what you could do to improve, but one of your 5-star reviews left the following comments on what you could improve:

So I would focus on improving that if I were you.

Can you give me some suggestions about how can i get briefs, i have completed 6 orders previously with buyer requests, my gig is also ranked on first page but i don't get any briefs, Any suggestions that what amount should i set for briefs?

• Like 6
  • Up 1

On 11/2/2022 at 2:34 AM, nadeemehsan723 said:

my gig is also ranked on first page but i don't get any briefs, Any suggestions that what amount should i set for briefs?

If your gig is ranking well, you have a good chance of getting briefs. However, if your seller performance is down because of negative reviews (private or public), you might not see as many briefs (for 90 days or so).

Play around with the brief amount. I got zero briefs at $50 and then 3-5 briefs a day when my minimum amount was set to $100-$150 (which reflects my best-selling package). It would be safe to start by setting the minimum about to your best-selling package and then see what kind of briefs you get.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vickieito said:

Play around with the brief amount. I got zero briefs at $50 and then 3-5 briefs a day when my minimum amount was set to $100-$150 (which reflects my best-selling package). It would be safe to start by setting the minimum about to your best-selling package and then see what kind of briefs you get.

Thank you for the suggestion, Vickie! Do you think that setting it to the average selling price is good?

Congrats on the new profile pic, too. Looks great!

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, sunboatrecords said:

Congrats on the new profile pic, too. Looks great!

Thanks! The last time I changed my picture was when I became a Level 2 seller. This month marks 1 year since I published my first gig with Fiverr, so time for another picture change! 😊

18 minutes ago, sunboatrecords said:

Thank you for the suggestion, Vickie! Do you think that setting it to the average selling price is good?

I actually have mine set at $200 now and my last Buyer Brief order (last week) was for $168. My best-selling package is set at $160. I still get 3-5 briefs a day with my minimum "Get briefs" set to $200.

I'll be increasing the prices of my package (or creating a new gig) because most of my custom orders are $200-$250 for that gig.

I've been rejecting other briefs that are not for that gig (even if I offer the service). That's why I think my pricing has worked for me.

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I actually have mine set at $200 now and my last Buyer Brief order (last week) was for $168. My best-selling package is set at $160. I still get 3-5 briefs a day with my minimum "Get briefs" set to $200.

I'll be increasing the prices of my package (or creating a new gig) because most of my custom orders are $200-$250 for that gig.

So you have set the brief minimum higher than the average selling price. I will try the same.

The problem with briefs is that no matter the price, they can still require a disproportionate amount of work!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, sunboatrecords said:

they can still require a disproportionate amount of work!

Exactly! That's why my prices are climbing (buyers are asking for more and more work). Many of my brief quotes end up getting changed to custom offers.

I really don't like how briefs only allow you to input one price. That's the only reason why I've focused on one gig. That price isn't relevant to my other gigs. That's one downside of offering 7 gigs, all in different categories.

• Like 7

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Since completing level 1, I was not getting any new briefs or orders. To improve my visibility on the platform, I updated my gig images and tags/keywords about 2-3 days ago. Prior to the changes, my gigs consistently appeared on the 1st or 2nd page of search results and were even featured in the online seller category when searched with relevant keywords. However, since the update, my gigs are no longer appearing in search results or the online seller's category.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Is this a normal occurrence or should I contact customer support for further assistance?

Thank you for your time and guidance.

Regards:

nadeemehsan723

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Hello, 

As a level 1 seller, I recently updated the images and tags for my gigs. However, over the past few days, I have noticed a significant decrease in impressions for my gigs, and they are no longer appearing in search results, even when filtering for online sellers. I am currently only receiving 1 to 2 impressions for my gigs. Can anyone provide insight into what may be causing this issue? Could it be related to the changes I made or is this a normal occurrence? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how I can improve my profile.

Thanks, 

Regards:

nadeemehsan723

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2023 at 2:23 AM, nadeemehsan723 said:

am currently only receiving 1 to 2 impressions for my gigs. Can anyone provide insight into what may be causing this issue? Could it be related to the changes I made or is this a normal occurrence?

Did you change also the description or title? 

I think, it's due to the modification. I frequently modified my gigs description, title and tags before. And it dropped in stat for a couple of week or 3, then it bounced up after that. 

So it might be due to that changes 

Edited by michmikaia
  • Like 10
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2023 at 4:33 PM, michmikaia said:

Did you change also the description or title? 

I think, it's due to the modification. I frequently modified my gigs description, title and tags before. And it dropped in stat for a couple of week or 3, then it bounced up after that. 

So it might be due to that changes

I just changed the images and keywords/tags not the titles, all my gigs are deranked, should i put back the previous images?

Can you please check my profile?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nadeemehsan723 said:

I just changed the images and keywords/tags not the titles, all my gigs are deranked, should i put back the previous images?

Can you please check my profile?

don't make continuous changes, this won't help you. At least wait 10 days to do a new change

• Like 4

8 hours ago, expro_designer said:

Can anyone know the fiverr algorithm. About which standard it maintain. I didn't getting brief as well. Earlier i got 6-7 brief in a days but now i didn't getting at least one.

good question! but i don't think anyone know

• Like 1