What happen if seller leave 1 Star to buyer by mistake

aliking_786

Today my client give 5 start review but by mistake I give 1 start to my buyer. Page was refresh by mistake and 1 Star clicked and wrong letters was written that have no meanings.

I want to know that is bad for me to give 1 star to my customer?

What is will effect on my gig or account?

Please guaid me please 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, aliking_786 said:

Today my client give 5 start review but by mistake I give 1 start to my buyer.

1 hour ago, aliking_786 said:

What is will effect on my gig or account?

I'm not sure why you are worried about your gig and your account. Your account is fine. You have a 5-star review.

This affects your customer. Now your customer has a 1-star review on their account. So sellers might look at their average reviews and decide not to do business with your customer.

It might affect you if the customer sees that you gave them a 1-star review and then decides to give you a negative private review in return. The customer might also decide not to do business with you again in the future.

If this was due to computer problems as you mentioned, you can reach out to customer service and explain what happened. They might allow you to change your review:

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/selling-on-fiverr/orders/current-orders/question-about-reviews/create-ticket

• Like 5
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

You should be more careful.

And honestly that review you left "gkykddykdkyx" is definitely not going to make people avoid that buyer. If anything, it makes no sense and I would avoid working with you, since you rated the buyer poorly without specifying why, instead you just left gibberish as a review. So it won't impact you but you do need to be more careful.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

And honestly that review you left "gkykddykdkyx" is definitely not going to make people avoid that buyer.

It might make sellers think twice, especially if the customer doesn't have any other review (or few reviews). The review is gibberish and confusing, so sellers might avoid the account just to be safe if there are no other reviews to provide more insight into the buyer.

11 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I would avoid working with you,

Buyers wouldn't see this negative review on the seller's account - they would have to look up the buyer's account to see what type of review the seller left for that buyer (so most potential buyers for the OP won't see this, they'll only see his 5-star review from the buyer).

14 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

it makes no sense and I would avoid working with you, since you rated the buyer poorly without specifying why, instead you just left gibberish as a review

I would also avoid a seller who leaves that type of review (if I knew about it). It's sloppy. Also, as a buyer, I wouldn't want that type of review on my account.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

Buyers wouldn't see this negative review on the seller's account - they would have to look up the buyer's account to see what type of review the seller left for that buyer (so most potential buyers for the OP won't see this, they'll only see his 5-star review from the buyer).

I always check out the reviews any seller I am looking to hire has given their buyers. I may not want to do business with one that gives one ️ reviews to their buyers, especially if I see a pattern.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, vickieito said:

7 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

What I meant is that I would be deterred to work with that buyer. And if anything I would just add that seller on the blacklist myself if I ever become a buyer.

5 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

I always check out the reviews any seller I am looking to hire has given their buyers. I may not want to do business with one that gives one ️ reviews to their buyers, especially if I see a pattern.

I check that too even if I am not a buyer. It does say a lot about the seller. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, aliking_786 said:

but by mistake I give 1 start to my buyer

Well, you may have made a mistake giving that rating, maybe CS could solve this, however....

10 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

that review you left "gkykddykdkyx"

This I find disrespectful, as this is not a mistake, you just typed gibberish and moved on.

Even if you had a bad experience with a buyer a "thank you" or a properly explanation of your experience looks better than this.

Many buyers reverse looks the sellers to see their interactions with other buyers (I do it to see the buyers interactions with other sellers) so it may affect the perception of professionalism a potential buyer may have of you.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, shalock said:

Well, you may have made a mistake giving that rating, maybe CS could solve this, however....

11 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Ratings are final. Asking CS to change ratings is going to lead to a warning. And as you said and I said too, a seller leaving this seems unprofessional.

• Up 1

5 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

is going to lead to a warning

I'm aware that you can't ask for a rating change of course.

But if I by mistake did a bad rating and go through CS to change my own rating, thats not against the TOS, although I can understand why ratings are final, if not, there probable would be a flood of rating changes request and it will promote asking for it (even if its forbidden).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, shalock said:

But if I by mistake did a bad rating and go through CS to change my own rating, thats not against the TOS,

Asking to change ratings is against the TOS. It doesn't matter who did it. 

Plus, I would think they are biased if they bend the rules. I had a person that wrote the wrong review (it was for someone else). I didn't ask for a review change but they went to CS behind my back and while the review was removed, I received an account warning. So, I think it's fair for every review to be final. This way people will be more responsible.  

• Up 1
  • Thanks 1

It doesn't matter who did it

Didn't know it, never happened to me before but its good to know.

This way people will be more responsible

Didn't thought of it that way, makes sense, it may lead to some shady behaviors.

Thanks for your insight!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

I had a person that wrote the wrong review (it was for someone else). I didn't ask for a review change but they went to CS behind my back and while the review was removed, I received an account warning.

@donnovan86, I knew you got a warning before for a buyer who went behind your back to get the review removed ...is this the same one (I really hope so)?

That really doesn't seem fair to you, and I can see why the buyer would want to ask for it to be removed. I would probably do the same (not now, since I know!).

If Fiverr punishes sellers for the buyer's behavior, they should at least make it very clear to buyers that this type of action will lead to a seller getting a warning. It currently isn't clear at all. I would hate to get a seller in trouble for something I do as a buyer (especially when there's only good intentions behind it).

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

@donnovan86, I knew you got a warning before for a buyer who went behind your back to get the review removed ...is this the same one (I really hope so)?

Yes, that's the one. I do tend to repeat the story if the topic warrants it. But yes, it did happen and it is what it is. 

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

If Fiverr punishes sellers for the buyer's behavior, they should at least make it very clear to buyers that this type of action will lead to a seller getting a warning. It currently isn't clear at all. I would hate to get a seller in trouble for something I do as a buyer (especially when there's only good intentions behind it).

Yeah, my situation was a bit different. All I asked the buyer was what was wrong and what can I help with? I assume they saw that as me breaking the rules, which is not the case. I didn't ask for a review change, which would normally lead to a warning. It's water under the bus now since it's close to 2 years since that happened. But I do try to help others avoid any situation. And the best thing you can do is to thank the client, be respectful and professional, then just move on. Even talking about the order might get people in trouble. I learned my lesson and now I don't even talk about any review, I just accept it and block the person if the experience was not that great. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Thanks again for all your help! You've probably seen every kind of review possible. I'll definitely reach out to you if I run into any questions on reviews that I'm not sure of.

Absolutely, feel free to message me whenever you want. When it comes to reviews, I do think I've seen it all. Gibberish reviews, hateful reviews, even racism focused reviews. As I said, it's better to just share a professional reply, any proof to show you are right, and people will judge for themselves. Trying to change reviews will just bring in problems. And it's not worth it. 

• Thanks 1