Rising Talent

theratypist

Hello all, Happy International Freelancer Day!

I just found out that people who get the Rising Talent badge on their gig will have this shown on their profile....... I stumbled upon this a few minutes ago. Pretty cool! 

1.thumb.png.960a0a9c2fd7a3c49ef9da68d4caac40.png

However, I am still wondering as to what the qualifications are for this..... Because the person who got the badge above has 1 review and the last delivery was a year ago.

2.png.51664a080938cb4504a3d40317139f43.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, theratypist said:

However, I am still wondering as to what the qualifications are for this..... Because the person who got the badge above has 1 review and the last delivery was a year ago.

The qualifications for the rising talent badge still need work in my opinion.

I recently purchased from a rising talent, US based seller- the profile looked great. What I received was heavily plagiarised, clearly not written by a native English speaker and was littered with spelling mistakes and poor punctuation.

I researched the profile and discovered that the gig profile photo was of a model and the gig description was plagiarised from another seller.

This other seller also had a very similar user name, so either the new seller couldn't even think of their own user name, or I believe had multiple accounts.

I reported the profile, and left less than desirable private feedback on the order.

Sadly they are still shown as rising talent so I don't really know what to make of it and I'm not certain how 'hand picked' they actually are.

9 hours ago, danno1950 said:

I just got a Fiverr's Choice badge on one of my gigs - I only discovered it when a buyer placed an order that had the badge on it.

If your gig looks great, and your private feedback has been similarly great you've got a chance to get this so congrats! I think there is also automation here but I definitely trust the Fiverr choice badge more than the rising talen badge.

• Like 11

17 hours ago, theratypist said:

I am still wondering as to what the qualifications are for this

Thanks to @theratypist, I did my first searches today specifically selecting only New Sellers (and filtering out all other levels). I never thought I would do that! 😂

Based on these fun searches, this is what I determine to play a role (or not) in the Rising Talent badge:

• The seller must have the "New Seller" status.
  • The seller doesn't need to have any deliveries on their account.
  • The seller doesn't need to have any reviews on their account.
  • The seller doesn't need to have any portfolio images or proof that they can do the work.
  • The seller doesn't need to have a great looking gig or use all of the available features (like it states in the Help Center).
  • The seller doesn't even need to be available (one seller looks like he has been OOS for 2 months because of being "overbooked" ... this is probably with another platform because there are no order in queue, no reviews, and no deliveries on the account; there was another seller that had a very long average response time, and others who probably haven't even gotten messages to respond to).

The Help Center states that the criteria is based on the gig's quality and potential. However, I see inconsistent quality, and when you hover over the Rising Talent badge, the only measurement listed is "showing great potential." Based on my searches, "great potential" is synonymous with "previous experience."

image.png.b19c01ae3de442d57e176b39f71f0c2d.png

All Rising Talent sellers that I looked at mentions in their bio and gig description that they have previous experience offering the gig's service somewhere else. That was the only common factor that I could see. Although many gigs looked great, some did not have proof of the quality of their work (such as portfolio samples, orders, or reviews). 

Does anyone else want to confirm what I'm seeing?

• Like 13
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

I think I had rising talent badge when I was level 1, my account was few years old, gig was new and had only few 5 star ratings. Maybe it gives badge to new gig with perfect reviews. After around 300 orders I got 99% of 5 star reviews but organic reach been downhill since then. It might as well as better to go back to new seller and get that rising talent badge 😛 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

Yep, 100%.

I haven't done any research, but I wonder if there is a country / geographical location & price point bias. I would expect so.

E.g. US and $150 for a basic gig package logo.

That would tie in with Fiverr's push / goal to get new high quality / high fee sellers on the platform.

• Like 10

16 hours ago, williambryan392 said:

I reported the profile, and left less than desirable private feedback on the order.

Sadly they are still shown as rising talent so I don't really know what to make of it and I'm not certain how 'hand picked' they actually are.

I reported a seller who was not from the US but was using the image of a lady lawyer from Texas. Her profile and gigs are still up and using the stolen picture. That was two weeks ago, and I did not check to see if her descriptions were original. I do not understand Fiverr's Trust and Safety team sometimes.

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, theratypist said:

Oh Vickie, hopefully curiosity did not kill any cats on your end 😆

Not at all! 😂 This is fun!

I always wondered how the "Rising Talent" badge worked. When I was a newbie seller, it was a badge that I always wanted.

Now I know that I never got it because I lacked "great potential" and "verified skills." Transferable skills don't really count as experience. And if @williambryan392's right, I also didn't get it because of the super cheap prices that I had when I first started (I set them low because of my lack of experience).

Luckily the Fiverr's Choice badge is available based on quality, because I do get that badge often. And that badge seems to have higher clout than the Rising Talent badge. It also gives a big boost in visibility. @vickiespencer - I saw your comment above, what are you seeing with the Fiverr's Choice badge?

...Now that I know why I never got the Rising Talent badge, the only other question I have is why I can't ever seem to get the "Highly responsive" badge.

• Like 10