How to avoid buyers ordering directly without contacting

ahkdev

I code programs so the pricing will vary greatly for different requirements, if buyers were to order directly without discussing the requirements and setting up a price with me, they would usually pick a very low price either because they think the task is very simple or wanted to get something at very low price. I tried putting "Please don't order directly" on gig descriptions, gig packages, etc. But I still get direct orders all the time. Then I came up with this arrangement:

Only one package, with "Starting at {price}" as the package name, and a description clearly asking the buyer to contact us first.

It's been a while now and I haven't received any direct orders since, and my sales increased as well since buyers contacted me more! I highly recommend sellers who need customers to contact them first arrange their gigs like so.

chrome_2022-10-19_10-35-25.png.4e1b91e917c597eaccf32f60d9462e1a.png

Edited by ahkdev
  • Like 146
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 4

That's a very clever way to set up your packages, @ahkdev!

I'm currently using Fiverr's new Request to Order feature on all my gigs to prevent buyers from placing orders without talking with me:

image.png.6c252c49e98632043e59ee5609e2cc1e.png

I turn this feature on and off based on how many orders I'm getting. It works great!

I hope this feature becomes available to all sellers soon!

• Like 114
  • Congrats! 3
  • Up 9
  • Thanks 4

On 10/19/2022 at 12:52 AM, vickieito said:

Here's when it started rolling out (currently it's only available to Seller Plus members):

Damn, I guess it'll be a Plus only feature then. I don't see any reason this should be available only in Plus though. 

• Like 78
  • Up 4

19 minutes ago, ahkdev said:

Damn, I guess it'll be a Plus only feature then. I don't see any reason this should be available only in Plus though. 

I think they are using Seller Plus members as the test subjects to try out new features. I don't know if all features will be kept to the Seller Plus membership indefinitely.

• Like 82
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 2

That is indeed an ingenious way of using Fiverr's interface 🙂 

I have a question, though. Have you checked what it looks like on both mobile and the website version of the UI?

It seems some part of it gets omitted when someone orders via the phone app so I'm just wondering if the "Starts at $10" part is visible.

• Like 83
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/19/2022 at 3:41 PM, yannisenglish said:

That is indeed an ingenious way of using Fiverr's interface 🙂 

I have a question, though. Have you checked what it looks like on both mobile and the website version of the UI?

It seems some part of it gets omitted when someone orders via the phone app so I'm just wondering if the "Starts at $10" part is visible.

You're right! On the phone app the package title is hidden if there's only one package. For sellers with more mobile buyers it's necessary to add multiple packages.

• Like 73
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2022 at 9:23 AM, vickieito said:

I think they are using Seller Plus members as the test subjects to try out new features. I don't know if all features will be kept to the Seller Plus membership indefinitely.

I think not. They need to draw people to pay extra and this is not a must-have thing, people can receive orders and manage them without it. Seller Plus is great for those nice to haves.. and this fits right in. So I don't see it being added to the masses, just like the negative keywords or the buyer info thing.

• Like 71
  • Up 3

On 10/19/2022 at 10:14 AM, vickieito said:

I'm currently using Fiverr's new Request to Order feature on all my gigs to prevent buyers from placing orders without talking with me:

image.png.6c252c49e98632043e59ee5609e2cc1e.png

I turn this feature on and off based on how many orders I'm getting. It works great!

All seller have this option available?

• Like 68
  • Up 2

Don't you think it's little more inconvenience for buyer to order at the 1st place? As a seller point of view, I appreciate this feature is way more convenience to have. I think it's better to have this feature available so buyer also can get a chance to compatible with the system and update themselves.  

• Like 65
  • Up 2

On 10/19/2022 at 12:14 AM, vickieito said:

Are you Using seller Plus? How could we take this feature?

• Like 65

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...